You can now pre-order a fold-up keyboard for your iPad 2 from Logitech. It’s an interesting concept that I’m not quite sure is going to sell well. Especially after the review given by Engadget and with the $129 price tag attached.
Here are the features:
- When closed, the keyboard rest securely underneath your iPad for easy transport
- When open, it holds the iPad at an ideal angle for typing
- Keyboard is fully sized
- Keyboard wakes up instantly as soon as it’s unfolded and is ready to use
- Charges over USB, no need for batteries
- You can continue to use your Smart Cover even with the keyboard
Engadget said the keyboard was a little stiff and not quite the quality they were hoping for. What do you think? To all of you iPad 2 users, is this something you would find useful?
I have an iPad. I use it for a multitude of applications, including blogging. But the one thing that drives me crazy is the lack of a camera. I include an image in every single post, and it would be so much easier to snap a photo with the iPad instead of having to use a work-around!
Of course I want the new iPad. Not for the memory or the thinner design (I actually prefer a bulky, sturdy version for my 3-year-old who likes to throw it across the room). Just for the camera.
But, for those of you who care about the other aspects, here are the details on the new iPad 2:
- Main CPU is a dual core A5 processor – up to 2 times faster than the original iPad.
- New graphics processor that’s 9 times faster than the original iPad.
- Built-in cameras for photos and video: One for frontal FaceTime videoconferencing and one on the back.
- Built-in gyroscope, like the iPhone 4.
- Thickness: 8.8 mm (down from 13.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.3 pounds (down from 1.5 pounds)
The price and color options will remain the same. And it
So when is it coming out? March 11th and the 3G model will be available on both AT&T and Verizon networks.
Will you be grabbing one?
Sources: MacWorld, NY Times and Mashable