Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: RSS
I have a love/hate relationship with RSS. I absolutely love that there’s an easy way to distribute content automatically. I personally absolutely hate using feed readers (which is why I rigged Twitter to serve as a feed reader). Love or hate this method of reading blogs, if you want to be a successful blogger yourself, you need to understand RSS – at least some of your readers are going to use it and, even more importantly, how to get more subscribers. Let’s see what some brilliant bloggers have to say about this topic.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
11 Ways to Get More RSS Subscribers by Brett Borders
There are a lot of articles that give you tips for attracting RSS subscribers – but of all that I’ve read, this is my favorite. In general, the tips in this post will make you a better blogger – getting more RSS subscribers is just an added benefit! After checking out the post, make sure you follow Brett on Twitter @brettborders.
53 Best Practices How To Attract RSS Subscribers by Dainis Graveris
This post isn’t the typical tips post about writing attractive posts – it includes 53 mini case studies of RSS buttons. Function + Appearance = Great Design, and if you’re not sure how you can spruce up your RSS button beyond the traditional orange box, this post can give you lots of ideas. Don’t forget to follow Dainis on Twitter @1stwebdesigner.
15 simple proven tips to prevent losing rss subscribers by Hirfan Khan
Once you have RSS subscribers, you have to keep them! Attracting tons of subscribers is no good if they only unsubscribe a day or two later. In this post, you’ll get lots of tips for keeping your subscribers interested and avoiding any of the major downfalls that could cause your readers to unsubscribe rather quickly. The WAH Blogger on Twitter @thewahblogger.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 6 Tips For Converting Blog Visitors To Subscribers by David Risley (@davidrisley)
- 6 Tips to Get More RSS Subscribers by Praveen (@geeks4share)
- 10 Sure-Fire Ways to Get RSS Readers Visiting Your Blog by Darrren Rowse (@problogger)
- 10 Ninja Techniques to Get More Subscribers, Followers, and Opt-Ins by Pat Flynn (@PatFlynn)
- 10 WordPress Plugins for increasing RSS Subscribers by Mr. Tech Paparazzi (@MrTechPaparazzi)
- 35 Guaranteed Ways To Increase Your RSS Subscribers by Fred Peters (@fredpeters)
- 35 Ways You Can Use RSS Today by Steve Rubel (@steverubel)
- A Comprehensive Guide to Using RSS by Kristi Hines (@kikolani)
- Everything You Need to Import and Display RSS Feeds with WordPress by Jeff Starr (@perishable)
- Get More Feedburner Email Subscribers To Verify Their Subscription by Paul Crowe (@paulcrowepro)
- Get More RSS Subscribers – Here’s The Lowdown On This One by Master DotcomSecrets
- How I Broke 100,000 RSS Readers by John Chow (@JohnChow)
- How to Attract More RSS Subscribers – For Real by Patrick Altoft (@patrickaltoft)
- How to get more than 500 RSS subscribers per month by Steven Aitchison (@StevenAitchison)
- How To Get More RSS Subscribers by Sujan Mukherjee
- Kick Your RSS: Jumping on the Syndication Bandwagon by Aaron Brazell (@technosailor)
- Tips the Pros Use to Get More RSS Subscribers by Noel Benjamin D’Costa
- Tips to get more RSS subscribers to your blog by Chetan Bhawani
- To RSS with Love and Fear by John Hewitt (@poewar)
- What are RSS feeds and how can you increase your RSS Subscribers? by David Bain (@26WeekPlan)
- What the Heck is RSS? by Brian Clark (@copyblogger)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about RSS? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Taxes for Bloggers
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Blogger Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.