Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
Here are BlogWorld, we want you to be totally prepared for the zombie apocalypse, so today’s Brilliant Bloggers is all about being preparing for the horde of undead threatening to break down your doors and eat you alive as you sit at your computer…
…just kidding. It is April Fool’s Day after all.
Yet, zombies are so hot that lots of bloggers are using them as metaphors to explain their own points. It’s a fun way to keep people interested in whatever you’re saying. I should know – I have an entire site about blogging and social media called Blog Zombies.
Since it is April Fool’s Day, I thought it would be fun to collect all the new media-related posts I could find that use zombies to help explain their topic of the day. Hope you guys have fun today – and don’t get pranked too much!
- Beware the Writer Zombies by Corey Mandell (@coreymandell)
- The Copyblogger Guide to Zombie-Free Product Launches by Nathan Hangen (@nhangen)
- Four Reasons Why Blogging Will Help You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse by Jennine Jacob (@thecoveted)
- How not to become a Social Media Zombie by Antonia Harler (@antoniaharler)
- How Social Media Addicts are Like Zombies by Chris Olivieri (@chrisdaps)
- How to Blog the Zombie Apocalypse by Deb Ng (@debng)
- Managing Generation Zombie by Mark Schaefer (@markwschaefer)
- Poll: Are you a Social Media Vampire, Warlock, Werewolf, or Zombie? by Patrick Curl (@patrickcurl)
- Seven Tips That Will Help You Survive a Zombie Outbreak and Get You a Top Ranked Website by Brian Horn (@brianhorn)
- Six Tips for Surviving a Recession, Taught by World of Warcraft Zombies by Christopher S. Penn (@cspenn)
- Social Media and its Technogadgets are Zombies! by Sarah Warlick
- Stop Being a Zombie Blogger and Get on with Your Life by Robert Boland (@brillbloggers)
- What Do Zombies And SEO Have In Common? by Matt Siltala (@matt_siltala)
- What the Undead Can Teach us About Traffic by James Hussey (@TheAvgGenius)
- What Zombies Can Teach Us About Writing by Michael Olavarria (@mike_reverb)
- Zombie Blogs and How They Can Hurt You by Phil Hollows (@phollows)
Okay, today was about having a little fun, but a take-away message from all of this is that you can cash in on a trend you enjoy (like zombies) by finding a tie-in with you blog’s niche. It’s a way to make your blog more interesting for readers…and to have a few laughs yourself as you’re writing posts.
We’ll be back next week with a new Brilliant Bloggers edition that has nothing to do with the undead. I promise!