Hello and greetings from Atlantic City! We’re so happy to have spent time with you at New Media Expo (and on Twitter) during the New Year. And thanks for your interest in our beautiful city! Folks loved our Twitter machine and more than 150 people came to take selfies with Miss America 2014, Nina Davuluri.
We’ve been asked time and time again how social media helps influence tourism and ROI. Our role is to change the image of Atlantic City and bring new visitation. Like other brands, we have to be “social” and online to answer questions, give event advice, ideas on where to stay and pretty much develop content to help support our online reputation. Although having social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Foursquare help…having strategy and campaigns helps out as well.
So how do we do it now?
• Get the community involved in contests that are more than enter to win! We recently launched a #ShowUsYourBling contest (using Pixlee) that asks recently engaged couples to show us your bling. A simple photo upload and catchy engagement story will enter you to with the Ultimate DO AC Bachelor/Bachelorette Party for her and him and 10 friends. In less than one week we received over 900 entries!
• Our advocates and brand ambassadors are always hard at work. During NMX Miss America took control over our @VisitAC Twitter account and answered any and all questions with #AskMissAmerica. We received over 1 million impressions during the chat. And Coming up on January 30th international-recognized DJ Nigel Richards will be discussing #DOACnightlife and chat attendees will be able to win fabulous nightlife prizes.
• A picture is worth a couple of hundred tweets. We regularly ask our social community to share and tag their photos with #DOAC. The best photos get shared across all our platforms. And since Twitter is getting more and more engagement with photos, we shared the photo/Tweet below and it increased our engagement levels 10x!
#ThatMomentWhen you see this photo for the first time | #AtlanticCity | #doac | pic.twitter.com/fbT5kP1or5
— DO AC (@VisitAC) December 21, 2013
• Working with bloggers is important as well. That’s why we want to work with you! Take this survey so we can better assess how to work together. We’ll be sure to get back to you. Should you have any questions in advance feel free to e-mail Eric Cortes, Social Media Manager at the Atlantic City Alliance.
For more information about Atlantic City and things to do, follow our social media:
• Facebook – www.facebook.com/DOAtlanticCity
• Twitter – www.twitter.com/VisitAC
• YouTube – www.YouTube.com/DOAC
• Instagram – www.instagram.com/DOAC
• Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/DOAtlanticCity
• Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/VisitAC
We appreciate your support and are looking forward to being able to work with you!