Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Email Newsletters
Email newsletters can be very challenging to create. You may be overwhelmed with thoughts about what to include, how to portray your brand, creating a template, and creating subject lines. One of the biggest challenges is to know how to get your subscribers to open your newsletters in the first place. We have brilliant bloggers here who can help with all aspects of email newsletters.
The following list of brilliant blog posts will give you some practical help.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
The Dissection of a Bloody Good Email Newsletter
by Colleen Corkery
Colleen’s post is the perfect place to start if you want to improve your email newsletter. In this guide, she goes through every piece of a newsletter, from subject line to links to images. Learn the best practices, including some tips that Vertical Response have tested extensively, like using a table of contents. Don’t forget to follow Collen on Twitter at @youcollme if you enjoyed her post!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 5 Open-Worthy Email Newsletters by Theresa Braun (@TheresaBraun)
- 5 Reasons Why A Blog Is Better Than An Email Newsletter by Rich Brooks (@therichbrooks)
- 7 Reasons Why Email Newsletter Marketing Still Works by Marco Marini (@ClickMail)
- 8 Reasons Why Email Newsletters Work by Nick Westergaard (@nickwestergaard)
- 9 Email Newsletters People Actually Read (and Why!) by Emma Siemasko (@EmmaFayeS)
- 9 Tricks to Design The Perfect HTML Newsletter by Jake Rocheleau (@jakerocheleau)
- 20 Tips for Great Email Newsletter Design by Sarah Morris (@iamburley)
- A Guide to Creating Email Newsletters by Noam Almosnino (@noamhello)
- An Email Newsletter is not about YOU! by Obaidul Haque (@obaidulhaque)
- Beautiful Email Newsletter Designs For Your Inspiration by Sivakumar K.
- Design and Build Email Newsletters Without Losing Your Mind (and Soul) by Mathew Patterson
- Email Newsletters: Best Practices for Small Businesses by Stephanie Buck (@StephMBuck)
- Give Your Email Newsletter a Quick Year-End Facelift by Julie Robertson (@jkrobertson75)
- Grow Your Social Shares On Email Newsletters For Free by Wes Schaeffer (@SalesWhisperer)
- How To Design an Email Newsletter Template in 7 Simple Steps by Stephanie Hamilton
- Legal Requirements For Newsletters by Jenna Rose Robbins (@stjenna)
- Rock Solid HTML Emails by David Greiner (@davegreiner)
- The Dissection of a Bloody Good Email Newsletter by Colleen Corkery (@youcollme)
- The Go-to Guide to Creating Email Newsletters People Actually Read by Ginny Soskey (@gsosk)
- Triggered Email Open Rates are Four Times Higher than Newsletters by David Moth (@DavidMoth)
- Why Did I Change My Approach to Email Marketing by Chris Jaeger (@BYWBIZ)
- Why email newsletters still work — and how you can make yours better by Pete Sheinbaum (@sheinbaum)
- Why Should You Publish a Regular Email Newsletter? by Martha Retallick (@MarthaRetallick)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about email newsletters? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Blogging During the Holidays
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.