Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Writing Persuasive Content
I have a confession to make: I hate trying to convince people to do something.
I understand that this is an important part of marketing, but writing persuasive content has never been my strong suit. That is, if I’m persuading someone to do something that will benefit me. I think I can argue my own point well to persuade you that I’m right about something, but persuading you to buy something, download something, etc. has never come naturally to me.
Luckily, there are people out there who are insanely good at it, and they’ve shared what they know in blog posts. I hope this week’s edition of Brilliant Bloggers is as helpful to you as it has been to me!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
58 Ways to Create Persuasive Content Your Audience Will Love by Henneke Duistermaat
I love this post on Copyblogger because it gives you a roadmap to making sure that your content is as persuasive as possible without crossing any lines. Internet marketers get a bad name because there are so many people using slimy, gray-area techniques to convince others to spend money. Henneke’s post, however, doesn’t encourage you to do any of that. Her tips simply help you take your content and make it more persuasive.
After you read the post, which includes all you need to know from writing the headline to editing before you publish, check out Henneke on Twitter at @HennekeD and visit her blog, Enchanting Marketing. (Psst…she also has a great guest post on Kissmetrics about this topic called “7 Lessons Apple Can Teach Us About Persuasive Web Content“)
Even More Brilliant Advice:
10 Top Techniques And Tips In Persuasive Writing by Alfred Smith
- 11 Ways to Write Persuasive Content by Thomas Timely
- 48 Elements of Persuasive Written Content by Uttoran Sen (@uttoransen)
- How Do I Write Persuasive Content? by Jeff Hahn (@HahnPublic)
- How To Create A Persuasive Message To Motivate Your Audience by Aura Dozescu (@AuraDozescu)
- How to Write Persuasive Content? by Jeevan Jacob John (@JeevanMe)
- The Psychology Behind Persuasive Writing by Jani Seneviratne (@janiopt7)
- The Secret To Being Memorable And Persuasive by Joe Romm
- Ten Recipes for Persuasive Content by Colleen Jones
- Ten Timeless Persuasive Writing Techniques by Brian Clark (@copyblogger)
- What is Persuasive Content? by Ian Truscott (@IanTruscott)
- What’s more persuasive? “I think…” or “I feel…”? by Derek Halpern (@DerekHalpern)
- Writing a Persuasive Blog—The Key to Content Marketing Success by John McTigue (@jmctigue)
- Writing Persuasive Headlines with the FAB Formula by Julia McCoy (@expwriters)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about writing persuasive content? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Social Monitoring Tools
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.
Thank you for featuring my blog, Allison. Much appreciated! 🙂