Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Video Podcasting
Lots of people are blogging. More and more people are podcasting. But video? There are still relatively few people consistently producing quality video content. If you’re already a podcaster or thinking about starting a podcast, consider a video element. Video podcasting isn’t much different from audio podcasting, and adding this visual element can open you to a world of new listeners.
We covered video podcasting in the past on this blog after Perry Lawrence presented a session on this topic at one of our past events. But for even more knowledge, check out what the brilliant bloggers (and podcasters) below have to say about video podcasting.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
Five Tips for Professional Video Podcasting by Ryan Matthew Pierson
I like this post because it is a great overview of video podcasting for beginners, and also includes some tips for more experienced podcasters.
He writes, “After seeing several professional YouTube talents hit the big time, you may have considered creating your own video podcast (or vlog) in an effort to stake your own claim in the world of Internet television. You may have a brilliant concept and have tried your hand at shooting video and editing. You’re pretty set, right?” Ryan then goes on to cover tips you may not have previously considered, such has working with a co-host and hiring an editor.
Check out the post, then don’t forget to follow Ryan on Twitter at @FrugalGeek.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- Getting Started Today With mLearning: Video Podcasting by Dave Mozealous (@dmozealous)
- How to Get Started With Stellar Business Video Podcasting by David Wells (@DavidWells)
- How To Video Podcast Using Google Plus Hangouts by Rob Jackson
- Seven Reasons to Start Your Own Video Podcast Today by Yelena Gulnik
- StudioTech Live! 18: Video podcasting for free / under $100 by Vance Willis (@vancewillis) and Mark Johnson (@ttfntv)
- The Top 5 Tools I Use for Video Podcasting by Rob Davenport (@webtalkrev)
- The YouTubeization of Video Podcasting by Rob Greenlee (@robgreenlee)
- Three Tips to Improve Your Video Podcast by Chris Pirillo (@ChrisPirillo)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about video podcasting? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Writing Persuasive Content
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.