Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Blogger Health
The combination of working long hours at a desk, squinting at a computer screen all day, and working from home with full access to the fridge is a recipe for pretty poor health conditions for most bloggers. So this week, we’re talking about blogger health. This is an edition of Brilliant Bloggers we all need in order to ensure that we’re healthy enough to blog well into the future. Take care of yourself, everyone!
(Note: I am not a doctor, so before putting any practices into effect, also talk to your family physician to make sure it’s the best choice for your body!)
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
Say Bye-bye to Blogger Body, and Hello to Better Health by Tania Dakka
This post from Tania covers all of the essentials that you need to know about blogger fitness. Tania goes into details about five ways to live a healthier life as a blogger: diet, hydration, focus, exercise, and sleep. Writes Tania:
As bloggers, we love to get things done. We’re experts at hyper-focusing. And it feels good—really good—when we write master content we know rocks our readers’ worlds—even if it means hours on hours in the chair bent over our keyboards, drinking pots of coffee, and eating whatever we can get our hands on.
But, you’re bound to hit the wall sooner or later. The aching in your back that’s screaming louder than your three-year-old will become a relentless signal that can’t be ignored.
You have to take care of yourself—or your content will suffer.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 7 Big Benefits of Exercise for Bloggers by Jared Singler
- 8 Useful Tips for Bloggers to Stay Healthy by Dr. Rajesh Moganti (@rajeshmoganti)
- 30 Useful Health Tips For Full Time Bloggers by Vijayraj Reddy (@vijayrajreddy)
- Are Bloggers Really Putting their Health at Risk? by Lea Woodward (@leawoodward)
- Blog, But Do Care About Your Health! by Saksham Talwar (@sakshamtalwar)
- Blogs May Help Teens Reduce Social Stress by Rick Nauert PhD
- Blogger Fitness Tips from Bob Greene by Kelby Carr (@typeamom)
- Computer Work Postures and Injury: The Stress of Reaching for the Mouse, A Doctors’ Perspective by Dr. Steven R. Jones
- Does Blogging Help New Mothers Relieve Stress? What the Research Actually Shows by Kristen (@stressandhealth)
- Free Stretching Exercise Reminder for Computer Users by Binary Head
- Health Tips for Bloggers: Stay Healthy While you Blog by Richard (@thefreshhealth)
- How to Improve Your Computer Fitness by Heather Long
- On Being a Healthy Blogger by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- Organizing for Health by Raquel (@OrganizedIsland)
- Optimize Your Health for Better Blogging by Joey and Chris (@versatilehealth)
- Some Health Tips For Bloggers by Fazal Mayar
- Stay Healthy in Spite of Your Addiction to Blogging by Brankica Underwood (@brankicau)
- Stress Less: 4 Tips To Stress Free Blogging by Lisa Drubec
- The Blogger’s Workout Plan by Taylor Davies (@shutupilovethat)
- Time Management Case Studies: Full-Time Blogger Fitness by Marissa Brassfield (@efficient)
- Tips To Maintain Your Health While Blogging by Atish Ranjan (@atishranjan)
- Your Computer Posture Could Be Hurting You by Dr. Cynthia Horner (@drcynthiahorner)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about blogger health? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Time Management for Bloggers
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.