Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Adwords
Adwords from Google is a great solution if you want to drive more traffic to your business website or online content, since you can get started so easily. However, it’s easy to waste money on Adwords if you aren’t optimizing your campaigns. This week’s Brilliant Bloggers is all about doing just that – making the most of Google Adwords to help you reach as many new readers, viewers, or customers as possible.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week
A Simple Guide for Setting Up Your First Google AdWords Campaign by Amanda Sibley
I’m a big fan of Hubspot, and this post from Amanda Sibley is top-notch, just like everything else they publish. If you’re just getting started with Google Adwords, this is a great place to start, since Amanda reviews the process step by step. If you’ve used Adwords before though, there are still some valuable tricks and tips in there that you might not already know.
If you aren’t currently using Google Adwords, why not? Writes Amanda:
If it’s because you’re intimidated by Google’s AdWords interface, we get it. There’s a lot of options that make for better targeted campaigns — but also lead to a lot of confusion among marketers new to the paid search game. But fear no more! After reading this post, you’ll be able to execute your own paid search campaign at the drop of a hat.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 4 AdWords Optimization Tips to Try This Week by Lisa Raehsler (@LisaRocksSEM)
- 5 AdWords Tips from PPC Masters by Elisa Gabbert (@egabbert)
- 5 Killer AdWords Tips for Converting Clicks by Aaron Charlie (@aaroncharlie)
- 5 Top Adwords Tips by Justin Bruce (@justinbruce1969)
- 6 AdWords Tips for Small Business Owners by Zach Thompson (@RYPMarketing)
- 6 AdWords Tips from Brad Geddes’ Advanced Training by Bethany Bey (@Bethany_Bey)
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Google AdWords Click-Through-Rate by Angela Stringfellow (@CODAConcepts)
- 10 Quick Adwords Optimizations Tips for All PPC-ers by Sarah Peduzzi (@sduzy496)
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Using Google AdWords by Nahid Saleem (@antsmagazine)
- 25 Ways to Use AdWords Data for SEO by Tom Demers (@TomDemers)
- AdWords Tips & Tricks: Advanced Account Structure by Eric Wortman (@Eric_A2)
- Getting More Quality Clicks from Google Adwords by Chris Soames (@csoames)
- Getting Started with Google Adwords Tips by Brenden Prazner
- Google AdWords Guide for Small Businesses by Hannah Smith
- How to Improve Google Adwords Quality Scores [Infographic] by Digital Net Agency (@digitalnetagenc)
- How To Use AdWords For Video by GoAnimate (@GoAnimate)
- How to use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool by Ryan Kettler (@boostsuite)
- Maximizing Your Google AdWords Using Ad Extensions by Cathy Nguyen (@eqmarketing)
- SEM Google Adwords Tips by Matt Ganzak (@MattGanzak)
- Three Basic Google Adwords Tips for Beginners! by Alok Vats (@vatsalok)
- Top 7 AdWords Tips and Tricks For Beginners by Josh Muskin
- Top 15 Tips for Managing a Google AdWords Account by Jack Martin (@jackthemartin)
- Top 20+ AdWords Tips by Jordan McClements (@PPCNI)
- Using AdWords Data for SEO: Unlocking the Ultimate Keyword Research Treasure Trove (Arrrgh!!) by Larry Kim (@larrykim)
- Using AdWords’ Recent Remarketing Changes To Improve Your Account by Sam Owen (@SamOwenPPC)
- Using Google Analytics To Collect & Benefit From AdWords Position ROI by Carrie Hill (@carriehill)
- Winning The Google Real Estate Game : 5 Google AdWords Tips by Tom Jelneck (@ontarget)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Adwords? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Blogging Apps
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.
Thanks for the mention!
Has anyone found that adwords can give an effective ROI for non-commercial monetized blogs or is it only effective for corporate blogs who use it to drive awareness/sales?