Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Google+ Hangouts
Whether you love Google+ or hate Google+, I think one thing we can all agree on is that their hangouts are pretty cool. And now that everyone has the ability to publicly broadcast on air, hangouts give both content creators and businesses some cool options, from hosting webinars to simply chatting with fans online.
Today’s Brilliant Bloggers are all talking about hangouts, so read on to find more information about hangout tips, hangout ideas, hangout etiquette, and more!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
My Google+ Hangout Experiment by Shira Gal
What I like about this post from Shira, who is a self proclaimed “Duru” (do guru – love that concept), is that she goes through the entire hangout process from start to finish, talking about some of the problems she experiences with her hangout, tips to make things go more smoothly, and whether or not Google+ Hangouts are a better option than Skype and GoToWebinar. She’s honest about the limitations of Google+ Hangouts, as well as the high points of her experience. Check out her entire post, then consider following her on Twitter at @shira_gal and, of course, circling her on Google+.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
Note: I usually only included Twitter handles here, but given the topic, I also includes Google+ profiles this week when I could find them!
- 4 Lessons from a Google Plus Hangout Moderator by Garrett Kuk (@garrettkuk / Google+)
- 5 Reasons Google Hangouts Are Cooler Than Skype For Video Chats by Tina Sieber (@tinasieber / Google+)
- 5 Ways To Use Google Plus Hangouts In Your Business by Arelthia Phillips (@PintopPro / Google+)
- 10 Ways B2B Marketers Can Benefit from Google+ Hangouts by Trevor Nolte (@trevornolte / Google+)
- Cameraman App for Google Plus Hangouts On Air by Sarah Hill (@SarahMidMO / Google+)
- Chris Brogan’s Google Plus Hangouts Tips – Live Video Chat For Business by Grant Crowell (@grantcrowell / Google+)
- Five Google+ Hangouts Features Businesses Will Love by Joseph Fieber (@josephfieber / Google+)
- Google Hangouts – A Creative Way to Increase Your Small Business by Jason Phillips
- Google Plus Hangouts On Air is a Killer App by John Jantsch (@ducttape / Google+)
- Google+ Hangouts: 4 Creative Ways People Are Using Group Video Chat by Amy-Mae Elliott (@amymaeelliott / Google+)
- Google+ Hangouts On Air and the Education On Air Conference by Melissa Venable (@melissa_venable / Google+)
- Google+ Hangouts On Air = Awesome for Your Business by Larry Snow (@SJCWebDesignLLC / Google+)
- Google+ Hangouts On Air Tips by Ray Hiltz (@newraycom / Google+)
- Google+ Hangouts On Air: What Marketers Need to Know by Mike Delgado (@mikedelgado / Google+)
- Google+ Launches Hangouts on Air to the Masses: What Marketers Need to Know by Pamela Vaughan (@pamelump / Google+)
HangOuts On Google Plus A Relationship Builder by Margie D. Casados (@margiedee / Google+)
- How Google Plus Hangouts can Help Your Business by Paolo Tosolini (@tosolini / Google+)
- How to Hold a Google+ Hangout and Why You Should by Marc Pitman (@marcapitman / Google+)
- How To Use Google Plus Hangouts On Air For Your Business by Luis Galarza (@luis_galarza / Google+)
- How To Video Podcast Using Google Plus Hangouts by Rob Jackson (@phandroid / Google+)
- Minding your Hangout Manners by James Fierce (@Fierce_Living / Google+)
- The Freelancer’s Ultimate Introduction to Google+ Hangouts by Laura Spencer (@TXWriter / Google+)
- Using Google+ Hangouts For Business by Sheryl Loch (@sherylloch / Google+)
- What People Are Using Hangouts For Other Than Hanging Out by Alex Growwman (@GrossmanAJ / Google+)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Google+ Handouts? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Tumblr
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.
Thank you for including Hot Blog Tips Allison, Sheryl did an awesome job, as usual, on that post. I’m going to spend a little time and make sure I visit the other 24 links. 🙂
@allison_boyer Thanks for the inclusion, Allison. 🙂
Honored to be included!! Thanks!
@allison_boyer thanks for the heads-up! good resources here /cc @Speakeasy_Media
You have a pretty good line up of posts here, @allison_boyer! Hangouts is the Google+ feature I was most excited about, and one that seems to have the most value of businesses.
Here at aweber, we recently did a podcast on Google+ which included a discussion on Hangouts. Feel free to check it out on the AWeber blog: http://www.aweber.com/blog/email-marketing/google-and-email-marketing-podcast-the-remix.htm
Err.. make that value *for* businesses. 🙂
@JulianaP16 Thanks for all the shares, Juliana! Hope you’ve been having a good week! 😉
@tosolini @allison_boyer Awesome resources Paolo. As you know many of the Producers/HangCasters are putting together a Best Practices. Ciao!
@patrickbyers Thanks for the RT Patrick … Nice to see you! Jeris
It’s an absolute honor to have me and my post included in your list! Thank you so much!
I Allison… Since you asked, yes you missed my Hangouts posts… I have made many of them… here is just one to get you started: http://goo.gl/K5HYI (this one is more of an executive overview of what a HOA is just to get management, etc. started)… thanks for your consideration.
I’ve got more than 20+ other postings on how to use ’em and tips and tricks to get the most out of them (plus how they tie into G+ Events so people know how to find them and when to join in, etc.).
@videoleadsonline Thanks for leaving a comment with your resources! 🙂
Thanks for featuring my blog @allison_boyer ! I later wrote thisredemption post on Google Plus Hangouts as well 🙂 http://www.internetmarketingduru.com/google-plus-hangouts-redemption/
@suitcasepreneur Missed that one! Thanks 4 sharing -)
hmm, most of these articles aren’t even relevant any more and are months old – if you’re going to post something, please make it current and valuable
@DarleneHIldebrandt I disagree – I find them all to be relevant and valuable, even if they are older. I’m sorry they were not valuable to you.