Without a doubt, one of the biggest challenges all bloggers have is making the time to blog. Even if you never procrastinate and even if you are a pro at time management, there are only 24 hours in a day. We want to blog, but we want lives as well. Or at least sleep. The truth is, bloggers who spend every waking minute working on their blog still often feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day.
So what can you so to find more time to blog? In this quick video, BWENY speaker Dino Dogan from DIY Blogger gives you three great tips about finding the time to blog. Check it out, and then read on because I want to give you a few of my own tips as well.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRDj1JcJODE[/youtube]
Dino’s tips – stop doing frivolous things, diversify, and integrate blogging into your life – are fantastic. To add to those tips, here are a few of my own:
- Use formulas. I recently posted about Nate Rigg’s advice to use formulas to make yourself a more efficient blogger, and I wholeheartedly agree with this advice. You don’t want to be so formulaic that you’re boring, but having a formula as a starting point definitely can help you be a faster blogger.
- Post Q&A interviews. People love answering questions because it is human nature to want to talk about yourself. When you post interviews, all you have to do is come up with some good questions, send it to your interviewee, and they’ll write the bulk of the content for you. It’s a definite time-saver.
- Be personal. Not every blogger feels comfortable being super personal, but it’s often faster to tell a story from your own experiences on your blog than it is to write a more formal post. Again, it goes back to the fact that everyone likes to talk about themselves (yes, even you and I).
- Use your moments of downtime. This relates to Dino’s advice to integrate. Look for those moments in life where you’re typically waiting for something and doing nothing and figure out how to be a productive blogger in those minutes. Waiting for the dentist? Blog. Waiting for the kids outside of the school? Blog. Waiting for the microwave to heat your lunch? Blog. All of those minutes here and there can really add up, and smartphones/tablets make blogging on the go really easy.
- Hire help. As your blog grows, you can post more content in less time by hiring contributors or a virtual assistant to help with tasks like tagging, formatting, and distributing. You’ll shell out some money, but these options may be more affordable than you think.
Now it’s your turn – leave a comment with your best tip for finding time to blog even when your life seems super busy! What works for you?