I doing know about you, but I think I’m finally caught up on sleep after BlogWorld New York! We made some huge announcements this time around, including our name change to New Media Expo, which better reflects our entire audience of not just bloggers, but also podcasters, web TV producers, social media professionals, and more.
So, I guess this was officially the very last BlogWorld! It’s time to start an exciting new chapter in this conference’s life.
People are still buzzing about the New York event, though, so before closing the book on BlogWorld, I wanted to devote this week’s Brilliant Bloggers to our awesome community and what they have to say about the event.
If you don’t see your BlogWorld New York post listed below, please leave a comment and I’ll add it to the list! Also, check out the bonus list of top tweets from the conference!
Brilliant Bloggers Talk About BWENY 2012:
- Amy Schmittauer (@schmittastic): BlogWorld NY 2012 Recap & Interview with Rawporter
- Ashley Zeckman (@azeckman): What Did We Learn? Key Highlights & Buzz: #BWENY From The Perspective of the Audience
- Benny Hsu (@Benny_Hsu): 2012 BlogWorld New York Recap
- Brian Duggan (@ConferenceBites): BlogWorld New York Favorite Quotes and Highlights, part one
- Bob Dunn (@bobwp): 5 Surprising Observations from BlogWorld Expo New York City
- Christine Rochelle: Top 5 Digital Rock Stars You Need to Follow
- David Foster: BlogWorld and New Media Expo Day 1 Recap! (Day Two Recap here)
- David Lee King (@davidleeking): All my Notes from BlogWorld Expo
- Dawn Papandrea (@dawnpapandrea): BlogWorld NYC 2012: The Future of Content
- Drew Bennett (@benspark): The Last BlogWorld Expo
- Father Roderick (@fatherroderick): 10 Things I Learned at Blogworld & New Media Expo
- Gazalla Gaya (@gazalla): Blog World, New York, 2012: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Jason Konopinski (@jasonkonopinski): Taking Action Post-BlogWorld Before The Fizzle
- Jason and Stefanie Parks (@TheMediaCaptain): BlogWorld & New Media Expo Recap
- Jeffrey Powers (@geekazine): 10 Things I Learned from BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2012
- Joanne Tombrakos (@joannetombrakos): What I Learned At BlogWorld 2012
- Keri Jaehnig (@connectyou): All-Stars – Who Would Be On Your BlogWorld 2012 Stardust Honor Roll?
- Leonard Sipes (@LeonardASipesJr): The Future of Video, Web TV, and BlogWorld
- Louisa Claire (@byLouisaClaire): 3 Things You Need To Consider About Blogging
- Matthew Hayles (@midnighthaircut): Digital Digest #79: BlogWorld Field Notes
- Mike Vardy (@mikevardy): Impressions: BlogWorld New York 2012
- Rachel Boschen (@Boschii): #BWENY 2012
- Sheila Scarborough (@SheilaS): NMX BlogWorld New York 2012 wrap-up: press trips, ROI, goofs and serious blogging
BONUS: Some Brilliant Tweets from BWENY 2012:
- Andrea Cook (@andreacook): “Link bait is like a one nightstand.” – @leeodden talks about value of accumulative metrics
- Becky McCray (@BeckyMcCray): “Want to have a pity party? Fine. Have one. The time limit is 5 minutes.” @thenapkindad says
- Christopher Penn (@cspenn): Publishing is a bad business decision. You need to own your content, says
- David Griner (@griner): Per @davefleet: Social media marketing is plagued by “basement punditry” – influential critics w/ no business experience.
- Eric Deckers (@edeckers): @CorbettBarr is inspiring me to stop writing good shit, and start writing EPIC shit! I’m sounding my barbaric YAWP! today.
- Ian Cleary (@ianmcleary): You know when a conference is great when you’re not looking forward to it being over
- Maddie Grant (@maddiegrant): Love the idea of longform on tablets balancing out the speed of the web.
- Paige Worthy (@paigeworthy): I’m going to put it out there RIGHT NOW that not everyone who blogs is a writer.
- Rieneke Schokker ?(@RienekeSchokker): Great session about mobile marketing, amazing what is already out there, exciting to see how we will use our phones in the future
- Stephanie Sammons (@stephsammons): Smartphone is the 1st screen for millions of social networkers
Brilliant Bloggers will return to its regular schedule next week. Check out the past editions, plus our upcoming schedule so you can submit your links every other week.
Thank you for including me! I had a great time at Blog World. I look forward to reading what others said!
@Bennyhsu So glad you could make it out to the show!
@Bennyhsu It’s always interesting to read the different perspectives about the same event. I’m glad so many people choose to write about it, though – gives us a really good idea of what we’re doing right and what we could be doing better.
Cheers, Allison! It was great attending BlogWorld (and this was the first I was able to manage) and I look forward to connecting soon.
@jasonkonopinski See you in Vegas, Jason!
@jasonkonopinski Hope to see you in Vegas too, Jason! It can sometimes be hard to justify the expense of travel for a conference, but I think BlogWorld really delivers and is well worth the money.
@allison_boyer @WordsDoneWrite Yes indeed! Submitting a proposal to speak in a session (gulp!). 🙂
So excited to see my name and post on the list! I had a great time, learned a lot, and was happy to make new connections.
Even better, i was there for the big announcement – BlogWorld is now New Media Expo. Very exciting – I look forward!!
Thank you again for including me,
@connectyou Great to have you at the show, Keri!
@connectyou Thank you for writing about BlogWorld, Keri! So sorry that we didn’t get to connect at the show, but hope to see you in Vegas!
Thanks for the mention, @allison_boyer !I made so many great connections there and swear to GOD I am gearing up to start writing in my own blog again…no…really…
@paigeworthy If this wasn’t the kick in the butt you needed, I don’t know what would be 😉 Good luck with the writing, Paige!
Wow, my tweet is labeled as briljant, thank you 🙂 BlogWorld was amazing, my amazing-people-I-met-and-really-want-to-follow-online-list contains so many great writers now that I don’t have enough time to read everything. Definetly will be back next year!
This looks like such a fun blogger event! I’ll have to follow some of these people on Twitter! 🙂
Our next one is in Jan 2014 in Vegas. Hope to see you there!