Hey everyone, Cliff Ravenscraft here. I’m back with another episode of The Podcast Report.
Tips For Getting The Most From Your Conference Experience
It’s hard to believe, but there are only two and a half weeks until #BWENY. In this week’s episode, I decided that I would share some tips on how to get the most value from your conference experience. I will list the tips below. I talk about each of these items in more detail within the episode.
– Look at the schedule ahead of time to find out what sessions you want to attend.
– Look at the list of speakers – Make a list of all those people you want to meet face to face.
– Take a digital recorder (even a smart phone with recording app) to record interviews for your show.
– Have lunch with someone you don’t already know.
– The person you are talking to is always worth your time. You can learn something from everyone you meet!
– Take people notes. Who did you meet? What intrigued you about them? What did you discuss? How did the topic come up? Initiate next steps?
– Plan your own meetup! – Wednesday, June 6th
– Talk with the venders on the expo floor. Could be the beginning of a great relationship.
– Enjoy the city! Make a list of things you want to do and see while in NYC! Invite a friend or group to join you!
Travel The World With Your Podcast
Also in this episode, I talk with Chef Mark Tafoya about the session that he’s created for the podcasting track. In the Bon Voyage: Travel the world with your blog or podcast session, Mark and his guest panelists will share with you how they started out taking advantage of “fam trips” (free travel to destinations that were interested in media coverage) for cultural and culinary exploration, and after nearly two dozen of these trips, how they built a whole new type of business model.
Stitcher Radio Podcast Pavilion
I’m very excited to announce that Stitcher Radio is sponsoring the Podcast Pavilion at the NYC event. Because of their generous sponsorship, there is a unique opportunity that exists for any of you that has a company or brand that have products or services that you want to market to the Podcasting community on the Expo Floor. If you are interested in reserving one of these kiosks at the NYC event, please email me at Cliff@PodcastAnswerMan.com and I’ll get you in touch with the right person.
Did you know that you can earn cash while promoting the event?
BlogWorld has an affiliate program that can allow you to potentially earn enough commissions to pay for your entire trip to the conference. If you would like to learn more, please click here to sign up.
Register For BlogWorld Today!
If you are serious about your podcasting efforts, I highly recommend that you attend the leading podcast industry conference. If you haven’t registered yet, click here to get registered today. Use promo code GSPN10 for 10% off!