Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Starting a Podcast
Every week, BlogWorld’s fantastic podcast track leader, Cliff Ravenscraft, presents The Podcast Report right here on the BlogWorld blog. He covers tons of different podcasting topics, but today I wanted to do something a little different and give everyone a comprehensive list of links where you can find information about starting a podcast, even if you’ve never done this before. Lots of bloggers can benefit from having a podcast, but it can be daunting to get started. These brilliant bloggers (most of them podcasters themselves) have some great advice to help you join the podcasting ranks.
(I recommend you start with this podcasting beginner’s guide right here on the BlogWorld blog from Daniel Clark!)
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
Learn How to Podcast by Cliff Ravenscraft
Cliff is a no-brainer as our brilliant blogger of the week. He might be a podcaster first and foremost, but he’s a force to be reckoned with in all forms of content creation, from podcasting to video creation to blogging. On his “learn how to podcast” page, you’ll find an AMAZING seven-part video series, wrapped up with an 8th Q&A video. This series teaches you absolutely everything you need to know about gettings started as a podcaster, even if you have no experience. His videos cover equipment, setting up and RSS feed, and more. You seriously can’t find a better all-in-one guide to getting started than Cliff’s resource, and his entire Podcast Answer Man site is something you’ll want to check out to learn more about podcasting. You can also follow Cliff on Twitter at @GSPN.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 5 Steps to Starting Your Own Podcasting Show by Nathan Hangen (@nhangen)
- 7 Tips for Launching a Successful Podcast by Brian Casel (@CasJam)
- 10 Reasons to Start a Podcast by Rebecca Livermore (@rlivermore)
- Everything I Know About Podcasting by Dave Thackeray (@thepodcastguy)
- Five Things to Consider Before Starting a Podcast by Matt Ryan (@mattryan)
- How to Create Community Around Your Podcast by Jason Van Orden (@jasonvo)
- How to Get Your Podcast Listed in iTunes by Ileane Smith (@Ileane)
- How To Start A Podcast: An In-Depth Guide From Planning to Launch Day by David Risley (@davidrisley)
- How to Start a Podcast Quickly, Easily and without Spending a Fortune by Steinar Knutsen (@steinarknutsen)
- Mumpreneurs Online Podcast: Podcast Like a Pro with Dan Lyons by Fiona Lewis (@FionaLewisTweet)
- Podcasting 101: Apple’s Way of Managing Podcasts by Geoffrey Goetz (@ggeoffre)
- Podcasting 101 – Simple Steps to Launching a Podcast by Jeff Rutherford (@jeffrutherford)
- Podcasting Equipment Guide by Dan Benjamin (@danbenjamin)
- Starting A Podcast: The Best Recording Equipment & Platforms You Should Use by James Bruce (@w0lfiesmith)
- Starting a Podcast? Start Here by Scott Monty (@scottmonty)
- Tips for Podcasting by Carmen Shields (@superpc)
- Turning a Podcast into a Business (with Gordon Firemark) by Daniel J. Lewis (@theramennoodle)
- Yes You Do Have the Skills to Podcast by David Jackson (@davejackson)
Ewan Spence has also written some wonderful podcasting tips right here on the BlogWorld blog!
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about starting a podcast? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Week’s Topic: Storytelling
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.