Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Facebook Likes
Whether you’re a small business owner or a blogger/podcaster, you probably already have a Facebook page. Maybe you’re highly interactive on that page and have a huge community there. Maybe you try to ignore it because you don’t know what to do with it. Most of us fall somewhere in between (though I think our community director Deb Ng does a FANTASTIC job on the BlogWorld Facebook page!)
On Facebook, it’s all about the likes. You want people to like your page so you appear in their stream, and you also want people to like individual pieces of content so you show up in their friends’ ticker. Today, our Brilliant Bloggers are talking about how to get more likes – and by making a few of the simple changes they talk about, you can skyrocket the success of your page.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
Buying Facebook Fans…Is There No GOOD Way? by Kirsten Wright
Buying likes on Facebook seems to go against my gut feelings of how to build a community, but in this post, Kirsten talks about an ethical and effective way to buy REAL fans through Facebook advertising. This isn’t the right move for everyone, but for many businesses, and even some bloggers and podcasters, “buying likes” is a great choice. From Kirsten’s post:
Facebook advertising, while it has a much catchier name, is technically still buying fans. But in this case, you’re buying extremely targeted, likely interested in your product/industry and often willing to engage fans. Which is where the key difference, and success, lies.
After checking out her entire post, you can follow Kirsten on Twitter at @kirstenwright.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 10 ways to get more Likes on your Facebook Timeline page! by SocialAppsHQ
- 13 Simple Ways of Increasing Your Facebook Likes by Niall Harbison (@niallharbison)
- 20 Ways to Promote Your Facebook Fan Page by Justin Wise (@justinwise)
- 21 Creative Ways To Increase Your Facebook Fanbase by Mari Smith (@marismith)
- 50 Ways to Get More People to Like Your Facebook Page by Garin Kilpatrick (@garin)
- Billy No Mates? 10 Tips to Get More Likes on Facebook by Nicky Price (@NickyVitality)
- Facebook Explains How To Get More “Likes” and Clicks by Pamela Vaughan (@pamelump)
- Five Tips for Getting More Likes On Facebook Fanpage by Kushal Biswas (@kushalthedude)
- How I Built A 6-Figure Facebook Fan Page by Adam Singer (@adamsinger)
- How I Get 87% More Facebook Page “Likes” Every Day by Tory McBroom (@torymcbroom)
- How I Got 18 Times More ‘Likes’ on a Facebook Update by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- How to Get More Facebook Likes for Your Website and Fan Page by Kristi Hines (@kikolani)
- How to Get More Facebook Likes: Write More Good Content by Jon Loomer (@jonloomer)
- How to Get More Likes For Your Facebook Page (The Easy Way!) by Dave Charest (@davecharest)
- How to Get More Likes on Facebook by Amanda Webb (@spiderworking)
- How to Get More People To Share Your Content by Natalie Davis (@NatalieIMPACT)
- Positive Facebook Updates Get More Likes, Negative Get More Comments [INFOGRAPHIC] by Zoe Fox (@zoebfox)
- The Real Reason Your Customers Don’t Like You on Facebook by Jay Baer (@jaybaer)
- Study Reveals Why Consumers Fan Facebook Pages by Amy Porterfield (@amyporterfield)
- Tips to Get More Fans to Share Your Facebook Content by Patricia Odell
- Use your website to get more Likes for your Facebook page [guide] by Erno Hannink (@ernohannink)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Facebook likes? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Starting a Podcast
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.