2011 is coming to a close in just 2 weeks and people are busy posting their year end lists. We did our Best Viral Videos of 2011 and there are hundreds of others posted across the web.
What tells the story of the year more than just about anything are pictures. Pictures capture emotion, events as they’re happening and are memories we can look back on for years to come.
I love how powerful Flickr’s Year in Photos 2011 gallery is. It shows some of the most important moments over the year. Some are sad, some inspiring and some are even entertaining.
A few photos that made their Year in Photos 2011 include:
- The March 11th earthquake and tsunami in Sendai, Japan [Picture]
- The Royal Wedding [Picture]
- President Obama and staff huddled in the White House Situation Room during the capture of Osama bin Laden [Picture]
- The Devastating Tornado in Joplin, Missouri [Picture]
- Remembering 9/11 10 Years Later [Picture]
- Apple fans mourning the loss of Steve Jobs [Picture]
Take a look at the entire Flickr Year in Photos 2011 gallery here. Which event or moment of 2011 sticks out to you the most?