What a whirl-wind weekend it was in Los Angeles, right? BlogWorld Expo is my favorite time of year, since I get to see old friends, make new ones, and get educated! Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series we do here on the BlogWorld blog to create resource pages about specific new media topics – but for this special edition, I wanted to collect as many posts as I could find about the event. Good, bad, or ugly, we want to know what you thought!
Definitely check out the entire Brilliant Bloggers series and consider coming back to submit posts for upcoming editions. We’d love to feature some of our speakers and attendees! Also, if I missed you post about BWELA 2011, PLEASE leave it in a comment below. The more round-ups we have to read, the better!
Brilliant Bloggers Talk About BWELA 2011:
- Amber Avines (@wordsdonewrite): The BlogWorld Gold Star Awards
- Amy Schmittauer (@Schmittastic):What was the most valuable thing you learned at BlogWorld?
- Amy Yen (@amyyen): BWELA 2011: 7 Key Takeaways from BlogWorld Expo 2011
- Arik Hanson (@arikhanson): 4 key takeaways from BlogWorld LA
- Arlee Bird:BlogWorld Los Angeles 2011: A Report and Analysis Day 1 and BlogWorld Expo 2011 Los Angeles: Day 2
- Bob and Janet Speyer (@websuccessteam): BlogWorld & New Media Expo: Highlights & Take-A-Ways
- Brian Vellmure (@CRMStrategies): Blog World LA: The State of the Blogosphere & the New Media Wisdom Void (#BWELA)
- Brittney Wilson (@thenerdynurse): 10 Thinks a Healthcare Blogger Can Learn at Blog World Expo
- Bruce Polderman (@PoldermanBLP): BlogWorld LA
- Bruce Sallan (@brucesallan): 12 Most Worthy Takeaways From BlogWorld Expo 2011 L.A.
- Buck Inspire (@buckinspire): BlogWorld LA 2011 Finance Blogger Thank You Roundup and Top Panelist Takeaways from BWELA 2011
- Capsun Poe (@capsun): Recapping BlogWorld LA 2011 #BWELA
- Chief (@thisguyblogs):6 Random Takeaways From Blog World Expo LA 2011
- Club Tuki:Club TUKI Goes To Blog World Expo 2011
- Darren Rowse (@problogger):The Most Important Take-Home Advice from BlogWorld Expo LA [#BWELA]
- David Armano (@armano): Who Influenced Blogworld?
- Dawn Comber (@DawnComber):5 Tips from Top Bloggers at BlogWorld LA 2011
- Deb Ng (@debng): BlogWorld L.A. ’11: An Insider’s View
- Debba Haupert (@girlfriendology): BlogWorldExpo – Debba Haupert Speaking on ‘Building Online Community’
- Deborah Sweeney (@deborahsweeney):4 Rules To Building Relationships Online From HARO Founder Peter Shankman
- Delfin Paris (@delfinparis): The Most Fun Person I Met At BlogWorld
- Ellery Long (@EL): BlogWorld Expo: 10 Steps to Engaging Online Influencers
- Frank Dickinson (@frankdickinson): My Experience of Blog World Expo 2011 LA [#BWELA]
- Greg Swan (@gregswan):Two Toms and a Microphone: Data and Mobile at 2011 BlogWorld LA
- Harvey Sid Fisher: Blog World New Media Expo L.A. 2011: Social Media Means Business
- Indra Gardiner (@bgindra):Notes from 2011 Blogworld & New Media Expo #BWELA
- J.T. Dabbagian (@JTDabbagian): #blogchat LIVE at BlogWorldExpo: The Greatest Tweets & Quotes
- James Hicks (@jameshicks): BlogWorld Expo LA 2011 – A Look Back
- Jenna Langer (@jennalanger):My #BWELA Recap – Third Blog World is a charm!
- Joe Waters (@joewaters): Blogworld 2011: Yes, Virginia, There are Blogging Superheroes
- Joseph Manna (@joemanna): 3 Helpful Trends from BlogWorld 2011 (#BWELA)
- Joshua Dorkin (@jrdorkin): Is Social Media Replacing Blogging? Will Micro-Blogging Destroy Blogs?
- Judy Helfand (@JudyHelfand): Cheers to Blog World Expo Los Angeles 2011
- Julie Epstein (@tastyjules):What I Learned (or Didn’t) @BlogWorld: An Authentically Cynical Review
- Kastle Waserman (@stilettocity): A Blogger in BlogWorld
- Kate Brodock (@just_kate):Getting Your Content Published: Thoughts from BlogWorld LA
- Kevin Swan (@SingleHop): SingleHop at BlogWorld Expo
- Kim McAllister (@emergiblog): One More Thing – Blog World Expo
- Kirsten Wright (@kirstenwright): Insanity on the Road…or BlogWorld & Pubcon, back to back
- Kristi Hines (@kikolani): Blog World LA 2011 Recap – Session Notes and Experiences from #BWELA
- Lara Kulpa (@larakulpa): BlogWorld Expo LA 2011 – Woah!
- Mack Collier (@MackCollier): Review: LIVE #Blogchat at Blog World Expo in Los Angeles
- Maegan (@byndthebandaids):I went to the Blogworld & New Media Expo in LA
- Marc Pitman (@marcapitman):10 Things I Learned at BlogWorld Expo Day 1 and10 Take-aways from BlogWorld Expo
- Marcus Sheridan (@TheSalesLion): A Personal Observation Of What Was Blog World LA 2011 [#BWELA]
- Marcy Massura (@marcymassura): You rocked my (Blog) world.
- Melanie Yunk (@roaringpajamas): Roaring Pajamas Gets Cozy at BlogWorld
- Miguel Carrasco (@miguelcarrasco): My BlogWorld LA Experience
- Mike Girard (@MikeGRad6): Social Media Learnings: BlogWorld LA 2011 Wrap-Up!
- Mother Jones: Two Old Geezers at BlogWorld
- Patricia Redsicker (@predsicker): BlogWorld Revealed: Why You Should Have Been There #bwela
- Paul Colligan (@colligan): BlogWorld Expo LA 2011 – Some Different Thoughts …
- Road Warriorette (@RoadWarriorette): Southwest Saved Blog World
- Sheldon Levine (@sysomos):What Happened at Blog World: Some Social Media Stats
- Srinivas Rao (@skooloflife): How Going to Blogworld Changes Your Life- My Recap of #BWELA
- Stephanie Sammons (@stephsammons): Insights for Content Marketers from BlogWorld LA 2011
- Todd Cochrane (@geeknews):BlogWorld and New Media Expo – Where did New Media Go!
- Tom C. (@watchdottv): BlogWorld LA and New Media Expo Wrap Up – We Love LA!!!
- Tom Treanor (@RtMixMktg): 19 Lessons From Peter Shankman – Blog World LA Keynote
Updated 11/12/2011: Even MORE Posts about BWELA 2011:
- Bridget Jewell (@bmjewell):From #BWELA: Giving substance to online influence: metrics, relevance and applications
- David Murray (@DaveMurr): Three Presentations From BlogWorld LA That Really Stuck With Us
- Gerald McKoy (@hsnetcast):39 The Homeschooling Buzz – BlogWorld Expo L.A. Recap
- Gil Reich (@GilR): Peter Shankman Rocks BlogWorld andBest Lines of BlogWorld LA 2011
- Kim Simonds (@freckledkim):6 Stand-Out Companies at BlogWorld
- Marty Coleman (@thenapkindad):Friends – Blog World LA – Day 4
- Matt and Annie Liberty (@HootNAnnieBlog): BWELA…What’s That??? and Blog World Los Angeles 2011 (#bwela)
- Nicole Avery (@planningqueen):#BWELA Was It Worth it?
- Peter Waite (@HealingWell):3 “Healthy” Lessons I Learned at BlogWorld
- Scott Fox (@Scott_Fox):Meet New Bloggers Video (Exclusive Blogworld Report, Part One) and Part Two
- Steve Garfield (@stevegarfield): BlogWorld Expo LA 2011 Photos and BlogWorld Expo LA 2011: I Bought a Blackmagic Design Intensity Extreme HDMI and Analog Capture & Playback Device – Thunderbolt because of you
BONUS: Some Brilliant Tweets from BWELA 2011:
- “One of the best messages of #bwela today went far beyond social media. @MariSmith: before doing anything, ask “What is my deepest intent?”” – from Aviva Mohilner (@avivamo)
- “Wow. There are more people in this Google+ keynote than there are on Google+.” – from Jordan Cooper (@notaproblog)
- “Google+ is to facebook what Macintosh is to Windows. DEEP THOUGHTS from @guykawasaki” – from Ellen Gerstein (@elleinthecity)
- “New media vs traditional media is the new “To be or not to be”” – from Jorge Aguayo C. (@JorgeAguayoC)
- “You need longevity in your thinking, think about what you’re doing with your audience over time.” – from Inside FMM (@InsideFMM)
- “The hardest step: Lose everything that doesn’t relate to what you want to show. We think everything about us is important; it’s not.” – from Tiffany Monhollon (@tmonhollon)
- “I really like the idea of an internal content library (via @Britopian)…we need to focus more on internal engagement & edu” – from Lauren Vargas (@vargasl)
- “Best tip so far is from @soniasimone : Write down 3 take aways to implement right away in your biz from each session.” – from Heather C. Stephens (@StephensHeather)
- “Jim Farley is speaking #BWELA. He is the CMO of @Ford. If you want to see a company that does it right in #SocialMedia – It’s Ford. Period.” – from Jeffrey Powers (@geekazine)
- “Thanks to @kirstenwright ‘s #BWELA presentation I am looking at my @YouTube insight with a keener eye” – from Miss Lori (@misslori)
- “The one thing I keep thinking abt since #bwela – Social media is to advert what reality TV was to sitcoms. Game changer & rooted in truth.” – from Callan Green (@CallanPaola)
- “Focus was my #1 takeaway from #BWELA” – from Bruce Sallan (@BruceSallan)
Thank you SO MUCH, everyone, for all your awesome posts and tweets! If I missed yours, please leave a comment with the link so we can all enjoy it and I’ll be happy to add it to the list! Didn’t write about BWELA? Share a comment to tell us about the best tips you learned at the event!
@allison_boyer Thanks for including me! | @jameshicks @jennalanger @joewaters @joemanna @jrdorkin
@allison_boyer thanks Allison! Now I have a whole list of blogs to check out 🙂 Excited to read many different points of view of #BWELA
@jennalanger I like to give people work to do :-p
Thanks for including my post and for giving me my weekend reading assignment! Great work, as usual.
Great list Alli!
Wow, what a list! Here’s another one for ya. http://buckinspire.com/top-panelist-takeaways-from-bwela-2011-part-1.html Thanks for including me and giving me more work to do! 🙂
Great list Allison and thank you for including me in the articles section!
@allison_boyer thanks for including me 🙂
I must have blown it and not let you know about my posts but I love going through all these, thanks for putting the list together!
@The Napkin Dad I’m sorry that I didn’t see your posts! Did my best to tweet about collecting them often, but I know there’s a lot of noise on Twitter. Def stop back and leave your links in another comment. We’d all love to read them! There were lots of good comments about your session in many of the posts I read!
Thanks for the shoutout, Allison! Great list here, will have to check more of these out!
Thanks Allison, I posted a few time but wasn’t as on top of where to send them as I should have been obviously! BlogWorld Day 4 – Friends http://napkindad.com/blog/2011/11/06/friends-blog-world-day-4/ is the most appropriate one to post but the 2 after that are also related by the topic of money, travel and friendships.
Thanks @allison_boyer for including us in your Brilliant Blogworld Blogger roundup. Great to see so many perspectives. http://t.co/v6VuIB7j
Thanks @allison_boyer for including us in your Brilliant Blogworld Blogger wrap-up. http://t.co/v6VuIB7j Loved seeing so many perspectives.
Thanks!!! @allison_boyer @deborahsweeney @EL @frankdickinson @gregswan @bgindra #bwela
@allison_boyer Thanks! You rock!! 🙂
@Schmittastic Good thing they didn’t order it by last name. But what do I know, I just carry the sign! 😉
@MaxZuckerman Thanks, MBA. We’re up to 4 days of Schmittastic bashing. Lovin it.
@Schmittastic That’s what happens when you’re a social celebrity. Enjoy 🙂
@MaxZuckerman guess I’ll just have to get used to that. 🙂
RT @allison_boyer Awesome #BWELA posts from @wordsdonewrite @Schmittastic @amyyen @arikhanson @websuccessteam @CRMStrategies & more!
Great coverage of BWELA.
These might interest you guys, too.
2 videos of interviews of bloggers and their favorite blog recommendations, too.
@Scott Fox Thanks, Scott!!
Well thank you for including me!
@allison_boyer @PoldermanBLP @BruceSallan @buckinspire @capsun thanks!
Allison, thanks for putting together the great reading list for everyone (and, of course, for including yours truly!). I’ve read a few of these, but look forward to checking out all the others!
Thanks to you and the BlogWorld team for producing such a top-notch event! I look forward to next year 😉
What an impressive list, @allison_boyer! Thanks for including us and thanks for a wonderful show!
@allison_boyer Allison, you rock! Thank you for the mention 🙂
@allison_boyer You did a great job collecting the recap #BWELA posts and tweets! Over 70 here, and I know there are more floating around so hopefully people come link up in the comments! 🙂
@larakulpa Thanks! If you know links to any I missed, feel free to add ’em!
Great conference. Here’s a fun post with the best lines & lessons from the conference http://managinggreatness.com/2011/11/04/best-of-blogworld-la-2011/. Also see http://managinggreatness.com/2011/11/03/peter-shankman-rocks-blogworld/.
I posted about BWELA here http://www.matthewliberty.com/2011/11/blog-world-los-angeles-bwela/ and my wife and I posted about it on our wine blog here http://www.hootnannieblog.com/2011/11/bwela-whats-that/ . Thank you!!
BlogWorld Expo LA 2011: I Bought a Blackmagic Design Intensity Extreme HDMI and Analog Capture & Playback Device – Thunderbolt because of you
BlogWorld Expo LA 2011 Photos
What a fabulous list of recaps! I finally posted part 1 of my adventure – so much to share (first time, took a ton of notes)! Oh, and I’m moving to self-hosted this weekend! Yay! http://slworrell.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/my-highlights-of-blogworldexpo-la-pt-1/
@Sherree_W Thanks for the link – and CONGRATS on taking that next step to go self-hosted! And I’m glad we got to saw hi at blogchat, Sherree! Sorry I had to run off to the next thing so quickly, hopefully we’ll meet before the last day next time!
@allison_boyer I’m thrilled we at least had a chance to say hello. I know how busy you all were. Going self-hosted is a huge step for me…I hope I survive the transition!
Thanks Allison, so many of us had to take care of client deliverables after BWELA so our recaps had to take back seat.
Here is Part 1 of what I gathered from participants at #BWELA ( will be adding more as days go by) http://socialmediaforsmartpeople.com/no-fear-blogging-was-the-topic-at-blogworld-la-2011-bwela/
Part 2 promises to be a doozie 😉
Great to see you at LIVE #Blogchat with mackcollier
AND I am so proud of @Sherree_W for getting up on her selfhosted wordpress WOOT!
@prosperitygal Thank you Michele for your encouragement…I’m almost there! #YouRock!
Just had my article published by Associated Content about DJ Waldow’s session (A Social Media Experiment: How to Find A Job) http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9123847/lessons_from_blogworld.html?cat=15
Here’s an article from my blog I wrote about the Jay Baer and Joe Pulizzi session “How Much Do You Open Your Kimono”. http://bslashc.com/2011/11/21/is-content-marketing-valuable.aspx
@delfinparis Hi Delf…congrats! I made the list too….:) Merci for following.
I finally posted my post BWELA tribute http://kauaimarketing.com/business-tips/blogworld-video-interviews-and-great-memories/. I included a link back to your very useful post.