With the announcement of the new Facebook Timeline came a lot of grunts, groans and privacy concerns.
The new Timeline is all about sharing your life story, which means having it all out there on display.
But what if you don’t want to share your life story? What if you’ve been using Facebook for a long time and you’d rather not let your new boyfriend see all of these pictures of your old boyfriend front and center in your “life story”?
Or let’s say you’re a dude and you don’t want your friends knowing you just listened to Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” 5 times in a row. (Hey, I hear ya. It’s a catchy tune.)
There are ways with the slew of new Facebook features to take control of your privacy and make sure you’re not sharing things you’d rather keep to yourself, or the things you were glad to see buried within your years on Facebook.
Here are 5 posts on protecting your Facebook privacy:
1) The New Facebook: How to Take Control of Your Privacy (Mashable) – Sarah Kessler walks you through an in depth look at three of the new Facebook privacy concerns and how to opt out of them.
2) Get Started with the new Facebok Timeline (cnet) – Here are some ways to tweak your timeline to your own liking, as well as info on the new maps feature.
3) Geek Tip: Keep Spotify From Sharing Your Musical Guilty Pleasures on Facebook (PCWorld) – So, you’d rather not let all of your Facebook friends know you just jammed out to the Jonas Brothers via Spotify? There is a workaround that..for now.
4) Facebook Changes: A Complete Guide – Free Webinar September 30 (Mari Smith) – No, this isn’t a blog post but a webinar by Facebook guru Mari Smith. She’ll cover the privacy settings you need to know about and how to adjust them. Click the link to sign up.
5) 9 Critical Ways To Protect Your Privacy On The New Facebook (Business Insider) -This is a quick look at the share settings, the new friends list, the subscribe button and more.
Did you write a post on Facebook privacy or know of a good one not listed above? Please share the link in the comments section. Also, let me know your thoughts on the new Facebook privacy concerns.
Facebook & Google+ Alternative Emerges: OnlyMeWorld — Gives Opinion On Time Line & Circles. On the surface both Time Line & Circles Seem Like A Technological & Socail Advancement In This Era Of Digital Communitions(Web 2.0)! By nature, we humans often follow the latest “Faux Pas”: Fashion, Sports, Social, etc., without thinking about the long term consequences. For those of you who don’t know the real issues surrounding privacy, facial recognition, data mining, etc., Social Networking Sites Collect Your Information Both “Knowingly” & “Unknowingly”, and sell it to advertisers, companies, etc., Big Deal Right?! Wrong, you should be concerned for yourself, children, and generations to come! We all have partied and made mistakes in our lives, we’re all human right?! But a whole new generation of teenagers fate will be predetermined before they’ve had a chance to start life, as their activities on Facebook & Google+ will come back to haunt them and you! Whether your looking at attending college, employment, credit, etc., what’s been put on the internet will be laid out for others to judge you! How serious can this get?! In the next decade, thanks to Facebook & Google+, there will only be a rich and poor class! The only solution today is to join a social networking site that’s for free, doesn’t have facial recognition software, no data mining, no web tracking, and doesn’t ask for your real name & email address. Is there such a site today…ONLYMEWORLD.
Thank you soooo much for including my webinar, Julie – you rock the planet!!! We have an uber full house today. Exciting. 🙂
We have an uber full house today. thanks you so much.
<a href=“http://www.mactonweb.com”>web Design london </a>