Ahoy! thar me hearties! You be readin’ this right. It’s “Talk Like a Pirate Day 2011” and there are several ways you can celebrate online. For me personally, the most fun and entertaining way to talk like a pirate has been by changing my Facebook language to pirate.
Just go to Account settings, Language and then change to English (pirate).
Here are just a few of the pirate phrases you’ll find on Facebook:
- What be troublin’ ye? (Status update)
- Add Graven Image
- Shakled to ….. (Married to)
- Mateys ye may know
- Me Hearties (Friends)
- Arrrr (Like)
- Ye be hidin’ from yer mateys. Let them see ye as available t’Parlay? (Facebook chat)
- Scrawl a message (Comment)
I could go on and on for quite some time, but I’ll stop with those few. Here are a few other ways to celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day 2011:
- Use an English to Pirate Translator for those of you who are rusty or unfamiliar with pirate talk
- Attend a Talk Like a Pirate Day party, which you can find one near you via Google Maps
- Follow the Talk Like a Pirate Twitter hashtag
- Watch pirate-themed YouTube videos
- View all of the Talk Like a Pirate pictures on Flickr
As you can see, there’s plenty to keep you busy. Do you celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day? If so, let yer BlogWorld mateys know what yer up to and how you celebrate.