What an honor to share the ”Mind of Ramon” with you tonight BlogWorld! My goal was to inspire you. If you live in Chicago I also want to get you addicted to the Domino’s Pizza experience.
Sometimes we need to see something done before we act upon it. This is why you always hear people say coulda, woulda or shoulda.
The game has changed and so has the world. We are so busy that we don’t have time for 12 ounces of coffee thus the energy shot market has been created.
You need to take advantage of this. If you are too busy to make something happen so are your competitors. Don’t worry or be too concerned to clone what they are doing. Trust your instincts and make something happen.
These are a couple of actions I have taken based on my instincts:
- Videoapology in April ’09 to @interactiveamy after we messed up her pizza order. http://www.viddler.com/explore/dpzramon/videos/19/
- Sent @LaurenJhoffman to a Chicago Bears game after making her miss half a game due to poor service. http://www.slideshare.net/ctlaws/a-twitter-custserv-case-study-by-partyaficionado
- Surprised @myadorkablelife with pizza after she tweeted she wanted one. http://www.youtube.com/user/ramondeleonvids#p/a/u/0/MTMeqjsMnXw
- Delivered pizzas to the tune of Live Tweets in a cab in downtown Chicago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdldehyYFro
Now it’s your turn. When you come into contact with your customers what does your gut tell you? Even if it says run and hide fight it. People are People. We are not avatars or a breathing social media logo.
These are some ideas on how to jump into action:
- Don’t be boring! I told Disney if they do toilet paper origami people just might take photos of it and share it with the world.
- Think for your customers. People are too busy and lazy. If you post a social media logo and want us to follow or like you please include the URL.
- Be the News. Give people positive reasons to talk about your and the goods you sell.
- Listen so you can hear. It’s hard to hear someone if you are always talking.
- Get your product or concept into people hands when they least expect it. Can you imagine ordering a pizza and getting a menu for salon services on the box? How about picking up the dry cleaning and a pizza menu is attached.
- Let people get to know the face behind the desk or logo. Blogs, photos or videos are a great way to communicate your ideas. Let the world know who you are!
Ramon De Leon is the marketing mind behind six Domino’s Pizza stores in downtown Chicago. He speaks all over the world on how he uses the tools of Social Media to connect and engage his Customers in Chicago
Join us for BlogWorld & New Media Expo L.A, November 3-5 at the L.A. Convention Center.