My favorite scene in The Bucket List is when Jack Nicholson makes a crucial decision:
He’s going to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world.
Confused, Morgan Freeman asks him how specifically he plans to accomplish that.
And in one word, Jack says it all:
If you want your voice to matter.
If you want people to following your thinking.
If you want to build a value-forward digital platform.
If you want to out-write, out-publish and out-position the competition.
If you want to make a name for yourself and a bank account for yourself.
Volume is the vehicle.
That’s the one-word marketing strategy that I used to make all my money.
AND KEEP IN MIND: Volume is not the only vehicle.
But in my experience, it’s the vehicle that trumps all others:
- Volume trumps accuracy. It doesn’t matter if you’re right – it matters if you’re everywhere. Are you perfect or prolific?
- Volume trumps knowledge. It doesn’t matter if you know what you’re doing – it matters if you’re doing a ton of it. Are you stopped by not knowing how?
- Volume trumps winning. It doesn’t matter if you come in first – it matters if you come to play everyday. Are you keeping the game going?
- Volume trumps talent. It doesn’t matter if you’re good – it matters if you’re visible. Are you winking in the dark?
- Volume trumps popularity. It doesn’t matter if everybody likes you – it matters if everybody remembers you. Are you
- Volume trumps rationality. It doesn’t matter if you’re logical – it matters if you’re liberal. Are you giving gifts worth telling people about?
- Volume trumps order. It doesn’t matter if you’re put together – it matters if you’re putting something down. Are you afraid of spilling your head out?
- Volume trumps influence. It doesn’t matter if you’re persuasive – it matters if you’re pervasive. Are you trying to change people or trying to surround them?
- Volume trumps placement. It doesn’t matter if you’re in the right place at the right time – it matters if you’re in a lot of places. Are you in enough?
REMEMBER: Volume is the vehicle for being heard.
Go publish something.
Image Source: SXC