Today, I have a very special edition of Brilliant Bloggers for you – instead of our normally scheduled list of links, I wanted to collect links to posts from people who attended our inaugural New York event last week. Some of it is good. Some of it is not good. It all matters to us. If you haven’t yet written a post, I hope you will (and link it here). Knowing what you found valuable and where BlogWorld missed the mark helps the conference grow, evolve, and get better! Not everyone agrees, but your voice is important. I would also like to point out that a lot of the value of these posts comes from the comments made by the community at the end as well, so definitely take time to read them!
So, without further ado, here are all the Brilliant Bloggers talking about BlogWorld. If I missed you, please add your link as a comment. We’ll return to regularly scheduled Brilliant Bloggers next week!
Also, this list is alphabetized, not in order of importance or any other kind of order.
- Syed M. Balkhi: Thoughts and Reflections on BlogWorld Expo NYC
- Barbara Barnett: A Confluence of Cultures: BlogWorld Meets up with Book Expo America
- Lisa Barone: BlogWorld New Media Expo 2011, Day 1…Day 2…Day 3
- Farnoosh Brock: The Power of Human Connection
- Mitch Canter: BlogWorld Hits New York (A Recap)
- John Chow: BlogWorld Expo vs. Book Expo America: The Book vs. The Blog
- Heidi Cohen: It’s Not Just the Blog: It’s the Marketing and7 Business Blogging Tips From Blogworld Expo New York
- Paul Colligan:BlogWorld New York 2011 – 5 Lessons Leared
- Douglas Crets: Interview with Lauren Vargas and Thoughts on the Edouard Lambelet’s Panel
- John Falchetto: Relationships at BlogWorld New York
- Jennifer Fong: BlogWorld: Why Not Feature the Smart Women?
- Neil Glassman: 5 Lists of Takeaways from BlogWorld Expo NY
- Justin Goldsborough: 77 Ah-Ha Moments from BlogWorld NYC
- Maddie Grant: Top Blogger-tastic Takeaways from #BWENY
- Steve Hall: Blogworld Small But Filled With Valuable Content
- Arik Hanson:8 takeaways from 4 fantastic sessions I attended at BlogWorld
- Tracy Iglesias: BlogWorld NYC, Fleet Week and More!
- Lauren Keyson: BlogWorld & New Media Expo – Not Just About Blogs (#bweny)
- Nathan King: BlogWorld NYC 2011 – Day 1 Recap and Day 2 Recap
- Lara Kulpa:Blog World Expo NY 2011 – Wow!
- Maggie McGary: BlogWorld Expo New York Recap
- Jeannette Paladino: What I Learned from the Exhibitors at the Blog World New Media Expo 2011
- Louis Pagan: Some Thoughts and Conversations from BlogWorld NYC
- Jeffrey Powers: Who Are You? BlogWorld and New Media Expo New York 2011
- Frank Ramblings:The 5 Best Exhibits from BlogWorld Expo 2011
- David Risley: BlogWorld East 2011 Wrap-Up
- Brendan Sera-Shriar: BlogWorld and New Media Expo New York Day 1 and Day 2
- Marcus Sheridan:The Hypocrisy of Blog World New York: What Were They Thinking?
- Jon Sobel: Facebook is King at BlogWorld & New Media Expo New York
- Jesse Stanchak: Live from BlogWorld: Are You Reaping the Full Benefits of User Content
- Lori Randall Stradtman: Things Learned: BlogWorld Expo 2011
- Vera Sweeney:Checking Out Blog World Expo In NYC
Thanks again to all of the Brilliant Bloggers who attended our conference. We’re looking forward to meeting you again (or for the first time) in LA!
ahh darn I missed the list – – I did not blog about it but I have to say that it was once again one of the best conferences I’ve ever been too and spoken at. Sure, the audience was smaller but it also made it easier to connect, talk, and enjoy learning what others do.
New York is a huge place to hold the venue but at the end of the day, I got to speak to some very engaged and super amazing folks.
The think I love most about BWE is that we are all there to learn and connect. It’s not a place for selling and that means something. Both for speakers, and audience members. It’s like of like a big barter a trade – – we all share information and have conversations that help each other. No need to sell.
It’s for this reason that my “business card” did not exist at the show….the point here is that I was just “shane” and not a card with a pitch.
Thanks for your thoughts on the show, Shane, even if you didn’t write a post about it (yet! – there’s still time!). From an attendee perspective, I like BlogWorld for the same reason – it’s so fun just to meet people and share ideas.
Thanks for including me in the list. Looking forward to reading about the panels and sessions I missed.
Alli–Thank you for including my posts about BlogWorld Expo in your round up. These articles are useful to find out what happened in other sessions. Happy marketing, Heidi Cohen
It’s not brilliant and nor am I, but hey, what the heck — here’s my post: http://www.julieharrison.ca/living/the-new-world-of-book-publishing-levels-the-playing-field-kinda-mostly-bweny/
Thanks so much for the link, Julie! I think anyone willing to write on a topic to share their opinions and viewpoints is a brilliant blogger. 🙂
Here was my post: “New Media and Financial Services Collide at BlogWorld Expo”, http://blog.wiredadvisor.com/new-media-and-financial-services-collide-at-blogworld-expo/
Thanks for posting your link, Stephanie!
Awesome round-up, Alli, thanks for doing this, and looking forward to seeing everyone’s take! 🙂
Awesome collection (thx for adding mine among these elite).
Awesome collection, thanks for the shout out! 🙂
I guess I am not brilliant. I wrote TWO post about BlogWorld. I am new, and would have loved the support.
Three Lessons From BlogWorld
Just Be You
It’s not that you aren’t brilliant, I just didn’t know they existed. The Internet is a big place and no amount of Googling I do will catch them all. To be fair, I asked for links 10+ times on Twitter using my own account and the the #BWENY hashtag! So, if you’d like to be included in future Brilliant Blogger posts, definitely follow me there or email me with your submissions and I’ll be happy to include you.
Thanks for sharing your links here, though. We all benefit when people come out of the woodwork and share links that we would have otherwise missed, especially when they’re excellent posts like yours! 🙂
Allison, thanks for including me here, and it was awesome co-hosting #BWENY with you and the blogworld team, thank for pitch hitting when ISP went down due to stormy weather here!
Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly