Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Blogging Burnout
We’ve all been there at one time or another – that funkity-funk, where you question whether or not you’re really cut out for blogging, have nothing to say, and are frustrated with your progress. It’s a feeling that skirts the line of apathy. It’s blogging burnout.
Some people deal with burnout by quitting, but those of us who are really passionate stick with it – and most of the time, things get better. That’s not to say that you should hold onto your blog forever if it’s holding you back, but burnout doesn’t mean that your blog is a bad idea or has lost it’s usefulness or can’t succeed. Burnout means that you need a little break and maybe a new perspective on the same old topics.
I’ve certainly dealt with blogging burnout. Have you? If so, check out the advice from the brilliant bloggers below, and then post some of your own tips for dealing with that burned out feeling.
And seriously, with all of these resources, I hope you can find something to help you deal with blogger burnout. After reading all these resources, you might have reader burnout!
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
The Working Stiff’s Blogging Burnout Survey by Darren Garnick
The Working Stiff is a column that is part of the blogs run by the Boston Herald – and in this post, Darren Garnick doesn’t just post some tips about avoiding blogging burnout – he actually interviews a number of bloggers from many different niches about their burnout fears, their experiences with burnout so far, and more. Check out the post and then follow Darren on Twitter @darrengarnick.
Get Organized Now to Avoid Blogger Burnout Later by Jonathan Beebe
Organization is truly one of the best ways to avoid blogger burnout, at least in my opinion. In this post, Jonathan Beebe shares some of the best secrets for blogger organization. This post is a guest post for Technshare, a multi-author blog that you can follow on Twitter @tnsblog.
Blogger Burnout? Give Up or Dig In by Tac Anderson
If you’re a fan of tough love like I am, check out this post by Tac Anderson. When blogger burnout hits, what are you going to do? Throw a temper tantrum? Or prove that you have what it takes to stay on the cutting edge of what is awesome? After you’re done with the post, check out Tac on Twitter @newcommbiz.
Usually, I only post three brilliant blogger links, but this post by Stanford Smith at Pushing Social was way too Brilliant to pass up. With FIFTY tips (yes, five zero…fifty!), if you can only read one post to help you deal with blogging burnout, this is the post to read!
BONUS BRILLIANT BLOGGER #2: Top 10 Antidotes to Blogger Burnout, or How to Stay Sane(ish) Whatever You Do by Leslie Minora (@LeslieMinora)
I already broke the rules by choosing four brilliant blogger links instead of three, so what’s one more, right? I wanted to highlight this one because after all of these informative posts, you’ll need something funny!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 3 Ways to Fight Blogger Burnout by Andrew G. Rosen (@jobacle)
- 4 Steps to Overcome Blogger Burnout and Re-Discover the Joy of Blogging by Tess Marshall (@theboldlife)
- 4 Ways to Overcome Writer’s Block for Bloggers by SBX Media (@sbxmedia)
- 5 Tips to Avoid “Blogging Burnout” and Take Care of Business by Chris Ducker (@chriscducker)
- 5 Ways to Avoid Blogger Burnout byStepfanie Cuevas (@stepfaniec)
- 5 Ways to Handle Social Media Burnout by Swati Ramnath (@buzzomdotcom)
- 5 Ways to Overcome Blogging Burnout by Brad Shorr (@bradshorr)
- 6 Blogging Burnout Cures by Jason Katzenback (@katzenback)
- 7 Essential Tips to Avoid a Bad Case of Business Blogging Burnout byAdam Gottlieb (@FrugalEntrepren)
- 7 Tips for Fighting Blogger Burnout by Mandi Ehman (@mandiehman)
- 10 Sure Cures for Blogging Burnout byMichelle V. Rafter (@michellerafter)
- 10 Tips to Avoid Blogging Burnout by Gabe Elliott (@gabeelliott)
- 12 Ways to Avoid Blogging Burnout by Vandelay Design (@vandelaydesign)
- 27 Secrets to Avoid Internet Burnout by James Chartrand (@menwithpens)
- A Balanced Life May Help Blogger Burnout byCindy Buccieri (blogginghints)
- Avoid Blogger Burnout: 5 Tips to Save Your Sanity by Georgina Laidlaw (@georginalaidlaw)
- Avoid Blogger Burnout and How to Prevent It by Spunky Jones (@spunkyjones)
- Avoiding Burn Out for WAHMs and Writers by Ellen Joy Castel Cayaba (@ellenjoycastel)
- Are You Suffering from Blogging Burnout by Julia (@infomum)
- Are Your Experiencing the “Blogger Burnout” Syndrome byIsabel Rodrigues (@webworld2050)
- Balance versus Burnout – Share Your Thoughts by The Paper Princess
- Bathtubs, Lightning Bolts, and The Myth of Writer’s Block by Dean Rieck (@DeanRieck)
- Blogger Burnout? 6 Ways to Prevent It by Jennifer Gresham (@JenGresham)
- Blogger Burnout – 7 Ways to Stay on Top of Your Game by Teecup (@myowncupoftea)
- Blogging Burnout or Business Burnout by Sommer (@greenmom)
- Blogger Burnout? Tips to Get Your Steam Back by Marty (@martyinmaui)
- Blogging Burnout: Ways to Recharge Your Writing Batteries by Charles
- The Common Signs of Blogger’s Burnout (And How You Can Overcome Them!) by Eric Brantner (@eric_brantner)
- Creative Slumps: Blogging Burnouts by Tibi Puiu (@tibipuiu)
- Dealing With Travel Blogger Burnout by Stephanie Yoder (@20sTravel)
- Four Ways to Post When Dealing with Blogging Burnout by Meryl K. Evans (@merylkevans)
- How do you Stay Motivated as a Blogger? by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- How to Avoid Becoming Just Another Social Media Burnout By Hugh MacLeod (@gapingvoid)
- How to Avoid Blog Burnout by Salwa (@screationz)
- How to Avoid Blogger Burnout by Rebecca Osberg (@RebeccaOsberg)
- How to Avoid Blogging Burnout by Amrit Hallan (@amrithallan)
- How To Fast Track ‘Blogger Burnout’! by Thomas Sinfield (@standoutblogger)
- How to Recover When You’ve Spread Your Blogging Too Thin by Kiesha Easley (@weblogbetter)
- How to Work Through Blog Burn Out byJulie McCormick (@clevelandleader)
- Is Your Blogging Taking Over Your Life? by Karen (@blazingminds)
- My Blogger Burnout by Elvira Black
- My Blogging Burnout Experience by Corvida Raven (@corvida)
- Overcoming Blogger Burnout by Terry Heaton (@TerryHeaton)
- Tips on How to Recover from Blog Burnout by Michelle (@_ChelleShock)
- What Is Blogging-Burnout And How To Fight It? by Vivek Krishnan (@vivekkrishnan)
- What to do When You’re Blogged Out by Joshua Titsworth (@JoshuaTitsworth)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about blogging burnout? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Attending Conferences (just in time for BlogWorld New York 2011!)
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.