Bloggers have a lot on their to-do list … writing, editing, working on an editorial calendar, responding to comments, marketing, using Social Media, networking, going to BlogWorld, and more. Adding an email newsletter can seem like a daunting task. But many top email marketing sites offer an RSS to Email feature that lets you quickly generate and send newsletters as frequently as you want! They all offer custom templates, allow you to choose your categories, allow you to choose your frequency, and more.
A few email marketing sites I’ve found that offer an RSS to Email feature include:
No matter which site you use, here are some tips to apply when forming your newsletter list and distributing it:
- Establish a plan and monitor it. What is your goal for sending out the newsletter? What do you plan to send out? Do you need to adjust your editorial calendar accordingly?
- Let your subscribers know what they’ll be getting, and follow through. If you tell them weekly emails but start sending daily – you may find yourself with a ton of unsubscribes.
- Speaking of unsubscribes – keep an eye on them. Learn what your readers like .. and don’t like.
- Test your newsletters. Consider setting up two or more test groups and manipulate your newsletters to see what works best. More frequent? Less frequent? One post? Multiple posts?
- Consider creating multiple newsletters. If you post frequently in a variety of categories – consider using specific feeds to create topical newsletters.
Tell us – what newsletter marketing tool do you use, and do you use the RSS to Email functionality?