Did you ever ask people to rate or comment on your show and all you get in return is “Great job!”? I see that all the time and thought, wouldn’t it be nice to have someone like Simon Cowell to really tell you what is right or wrong with your show.
That is the idea behind the session “Critique a Podcast” at BlogWorld & New Media Expo. The best part – We can choose a group of four people that critique different areas of your show!
- Steve Garfield – Steve has been videoblogging ever since videoblogging was a term. He has spoken about creating content to many panels and is also hosting the session: Video Podcasting 101.
- Mignon Fogerty – Otherwise known as the “Grammar Girl”, Mignon created the Quick and Dirty Tips Network, which hosts multiple how-to shows including her own.
- Rob Greenlee – Rob is a podcaster, but also has been working for Zune keeping the Zune media player up to date.
- Mike Cioffi – Mike is the producer of the Adam Corolla podcast and the Digital Media Manager at Jimmy Kimmel Live. Mike also is a Podcaster at Low Budget FM.
- MC: Jeffrey Powers – Jeffrey is a Podcaster and Videocaster in the Wisconsin area.
- The iPad Show – a Weekly Podcast talking about the mobile device: iPad
- Backroom Comics Podcast – The show talks comics. From a shop in Seattle, WA, the cast of 5 discuss what is going on in the comic book industry.
- Beernauts – Are you a beerinado – then Beernauts might be for you. The cast of 3 checks out the latest beers out there.
- Almost Friday Show – It’s a show about.. Geek. Well, being geek. A cast of 5 members talking everything from sci-fi and fantasy to tech reviews and news.
Can’t make it to BlogWorld? You can watch the discussion with a Virtual Ticket, and try this at home …
Here is a quick checklist to ask yourself about your show:
- How does your show sound?
- How does your show look (for video)
- Would you sit down and listen to (watch) your own show?
- Is your intro too long (short)
- Count the “UMMM” game (how many times you say Umm in the show)
- Are you prepared for your show?