The Announcements just keep coming. First we told you about the monetization super panel, and then we announced a special ProBlogger track. Today, we’re happy to tell you about a two day tourism workshop and networking event that will take place at BlogWorld on Thursday, October 14th and 15th.
The tourism workshop is being put together by the Tourism Currents team of Becky McCray and Sheila Scarborough and will feature a full day of training for tourism professionals who are interested in learning about social media.
I asked Becky and Sheila to provide a blurb for the blog, and they don’t do anything halfway. Here’s the description:
- One full day on social media for tourism specifically about connecting with your online audience. Thursday Oct. 14
- Another full day of interaction and networking with bloggers, podcasters and content creators – the people who can help get word out about your destination. Friday Oct. 15
- Convention and Visitor’s Bureaus, Destination Marketing Organizations
- Chambers of Commerce, Main Street and Downtown Development Associations
- State and city governments that do marketing and outreach related to tourism
- Conference and convention centers, trade shows, festival and event planners
- Marketing and Public Relations professionals who do tourism work
- Historic preservation, heritage trails, historic highways and scenic byways
- Tourism and hospitality professors and students at colleges and universities
- Attractions, museums, parks, agritourism, gardens, nature preserves, etc.
- Niches like culinary, arts, culture, sports, adventure and educational travel
- Bed and breakfasts, inns, lodges, hotels and motels