Every time I create a new blog, there are several WordPress plugins I immediately download and implement. It got me thinking … what are the most popular plugins?
I put together a list of the top 10 most popular WordPress plugins below. No real big surprises. Most people want good Search Engine Optimization, the ability to track their statistics and user data, and to allow their users to feed their posts to their respective social media accounts. Are there any plugins you use that didn’t make the list?
- All in One SEO Pack: Automatically optimizes your blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization) – Downloads 4,905,994
- Google XML Sitemaps: Create a Google sitemaps compliant XML-Sitemap of your blog – Downloads 3,559,033
- NextGEN Gallery: A full integrated Image Gallery WordPress plugin with a Flash slideshow option – Downloads 1,813,284
- Contact Form 7: Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible – Downloads 1,790,346
- WordPress.com Stats: You can have simple, concise stats with no additional load on your server by plugging into WordPress.com’s stat system – Downloads 1,545,853
- WP Super Cache: A very fast caching engine that produces static html files – Downloads 1,170,744
- Sociable: Automatically adds links to your favorite social bookmarking sites to your posts, pages and RSS feed – Downloads 980,301
- AddToAny: Share/Bookmark/Email Button: Help readers share, bookmark, and email your posts & pages using any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg, Delicious and many more. – Downloads 896,691
- WP-PageNavi: Adds a more advanced paging navigation to your WordPress site. – Downloads 758,678
Image Credit: SXC