Deb asked on the BlogWorld Facebook page
“what are you looking forward to the most?”.
Of course I answered on the Facebook thread, but it was a quick answer and not well thought out. Here is a fuller answer.
What I like about BlogWorld is there is the right mix of the stuff I look for in a conference:
- I am guaranteed to learn something useful for my work and business.
- The networking is top-notch, and I am guaranteed to meet some cool new people and have opportunities open up.
- My friends all go there, so it will be like a reunion of sorts, which is always fantastic.
- Las Vegas is a treat that everyone should experience at least once, even if you are not a party animal (which, sadly, I could never claim to be).
- BlogWorld folks really care about making the entire experience awesome. Unlike some other conferences where it is all about money, competitiveness, sleazy sales pitches .. you get the idea. Last years closing keynote was a blast!
The biggest treat that I am looking forward to this year though is the shift of venue to the Mandalay Bay this year, rather than the Las Vegas Convention Center.
While the convention center was great, and certainly big enough, it means now there is an opportunity for everything to be in one place! Quick naps are a possibility for the low-endurance folks like me, for a start, heh. Think about it, you don’t have to go out 100% prepared like a boy scout, if you forget something you can dash back to your room. Networking will be much easier with more people concentrated in one area, and we will be right where lots of restaurant, shopping and night life action is for R&R and all the fun that Vegas has to offer.
What do you think? What are you looking forward to?
Feel free to comment here or answer on the BlogWorld Facebook page 🙂