One week after the BlogWorld and New Media Expo, life returns to normal. We’re rested. We’re over the “BlogWorld flu.” We’ve hugged our kids, snuggled with our spouses, and did massive loads of laundry. We uploaded tons of images updated our FaceBook and Flickr streams and we’re catching up with the email. Was it worth all the hype and lead up? Absolutely! This was the biggest and best BlogWorld ever.
Filled with bloggers, charities, major brands and social media aficionados BlogWorld offered something for everyone.
My takeaway? Everyone is an A-Lister.
Some other things I realized:
- I learn more by talking to old and new friends in the hallways than by attending sessions. Not that the sessions don’t rock.
- Closing keynotes rock harder when they’re not a giant kumbaya.
- I’d much rather have dinner with friends where we can chat and share ideas than yell over loud music at a trendy club.
- The Bellagio Balloon guy is really annoying.
- Not everyone at BlogWorld is a blogger.
- Sometimes hotels lose other reservations.
- FatBurgers rock.
- Not everyone blogs to make money.
- Geeks enjoy talking puppets and Star Wars icons.
If there’s one thing I did differently this year as opposed to the past couple of BlogWorld’s it’s that I wasn’t as shy. I took a deep, brave breath and introduced myself to the people I wanted to meet. Another thing I’m doing differently is taking all the business cards I collected from interesting people and following up right away. The last two years, it was too late and I didn’t remember all the great stuff we discussed.
Originally I was going to offer a giant list of thoughts and comments regarding this year’s BlogWorld, but then I thought, “Who better than to offer a post-BlogWorld round up than all the bloggers in attendance?”
So here it is:
BlogWorld One Week Later: Thoughts from Around the Blogosphere
- What People Were Packing at BlogWorld – The Huffington Post
- BlogWorld 09 – Tips from Social Media Pros – Fast Company
- 2009 State of the Blogosphere: The Full Video – TechCrunch
- BlogWorld from a Lens – Keith Burtis
- Comedy & Alcohol at BlogWorld – Web Pro News
- Quotable Quotes from BlogWorld Expo – Blogadda
- Best Tweets from BlogWorld Part 2 – Blogadda
- ABC News Covers Med Blogger Track at BlogWorld – Better Health
- Top Nine Things I Learned at BlogWorld– The Notorius R.O.B.
- BlogWorld Expo Documentary: Part 1 – The New Dialtone – Brad Lowrey.net
- Making a Difference: Blog with Balls Charity Poker Tournament at BlogWorld
- BlogWorld 2009: The State of the Blogosphere– John Chow.com
- Social Media All Star Visits BlogWorld – The Real Tim Jones
- Whrrl Takes Over BlogWorld – Pelago.com
- Comet Branding Visits the BlogWorld and New Media Expo – Comet Branding Blog
- BlogWorld Expo ’09: New World Record! Go Green N Save
- BlogWorld Recap – Small Hands, Big Ideas
- BlogWorld Takeaways – Matt Browne
- Photos from the BlogWorld Photo Walk – One Man’s Blog
- News from BlogWorld 2009: Social Media Tips – Friday Traffic Report
- An Editor’s Saturday at BlogWorld – Demand Studios
- Via BlogWorld Expo in Las Vegas – Nurse Ratched’s Place
- Heifer Portland BlogWorld Experience – Heifer International
- Highlights of BlogWorld 09 – Bis Sis Lil Sis
- Coach Deb Reveals Her #1 BlogWorld Secret – Tribal Seduction
- Server Beach Attends BlogWorld 2009 in Las Vegas – Server Beach Blog
- A Video Recap of BlogWorld Expo – Communications Conversations
- 10 Tips: Making Connections at BlogWorld – Good N Crazy
- Insights and Opinions of BlogWorld: My Venture Pad
- The Drill Down 108: Live from Las Vegas – The Drill Down
- 5 Awesome Things I Leared at RE BlogWorld – Real Estate Zebra
- At BlogWorld it’s Ford Auto Culture – Red Room
- BlogWorld 09: A Tale of Burglary, Brogan and Human Business – Eduardo Merille
- BlogWorld 2009 – Eric Schechter
- The BlogWorld Miracle – The Big Bag
- Takeaways from BlogWorld Expo – Social Media Biz
- BlogWorld Makes Blogs & Bloggers Happy – Meetings Podcast
- BlogWorld Recap – ClickBooth Blog
- Recapping BlogWorld Expo – No Sense of Time
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo Wrap Up – MediaTrust
- Road Atlas Shrugged – BlogWorld Recap
- Thoughts After BlogWorld & New Media Expo– SmartBlog on Social Media
- Do You Twitter at Conferences? Why I don’t – Successful Blog
- Reflections on BlogWorld Expo (I Didn’t Go) – Stealthmode Blog
- How Bloggers Can Benefit from P.R. and Vice Versa – Slice
- Jermaine Dupri on Social Media – BlackWeb 2.0
- Podcasting on the Big Screen – Brand Savant
- My Takeaways from BlogWorld 2009 – The Intersection of Online and Offline
- B2B Marketing Observations from BlogWorld Expo – Dance with Strangers
- Top 4 Takeaways from #BWE09 – Digital Podcast
- Medical Blog World and New Media Expo – Health Train Express
- The People Who Made BlogWorld 09 So Freakin’ Awesome – Hub Pages Blog
- The BlogWorld Expo 2009 Experience – Hallicious
- Adam Carolla at BlogWorld
What did you takeaway from BlogWorld this year?
Many thanks to Rick, Dave and Jim for hooking me up with the best gig ever (blogging here), their endless support and encouragement, and for making it possible for me to attend BlogWorld 09.
– Deb Ng