Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Google In-Depth Articles
Google recently announced a new search feature: in-depth articles. This new feature allows your content to get found, even if it is older, when you create a top resource about a specific topic.
I wrote a little about Google in-depth articles last week. Today, I wanted to direct you to even more brilliant advice on this topic.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
This was one of the first posts I read about in-depth articles back when this feature was introduced. I think Ana does a great job of covering the topic and giving you some insight about how to rank in search results using this feature. More importantly, however, I love this idea from Ana: “I am very excited about investing in thoughtful in-depth content that will remain relevant for months or even years after publication – for my incredible Traffic Generation Café readers, not for Google.”
After reading Ana’s full post on her blog, don’t forget to follow her on Twitter at @AnaTrafficCafe.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
(Please note: There are literally hundreds if not thousands of news stories about there about in-depth articles. My intention here was to post interesting views and how-tos on this topic, rather than just announcements of the new feature.)
- Google In-Depth Articles – the “Dumbing Down” of Google by Susan Hallem (@susanhallam)
- Google In-Depth Articles Search Results: Any Hope for Small Publishers? by Mark Traphagen (@marktraphagen)
- Google’s In-Depth Segment: An In-Depth Review by Pam Reichhartinger-Lawlor (@paemsn)
- Google Search Is Poised to Surface ‘In-Depth’ Stories, but How Will It Pick? by Matt Peckham (@mattpeckham)
- Google Search to Highlight In-Depth Articles – Censorship, REALLY? by Peter Bernstein (@berniebernstein)
- Great Tips On Writing In-Depth Articles That Google Loves by Seth Goldstein (@sethgoldstein)
- How to Write In-Depth Articles that Google Loves by Demian Farnworth (@demianfarnworth)
- Inside In-depth Articles: Dissecting Google’s Latest Feature by Dr. Peter J. Meyers (@dr_pete)
- Three Ways To Prepare For Google’s In-Depth Articles by George Murphy
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Google in-depth articles? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Facebook Storybumping
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.