Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Becoming an Authority
Your perceived authority on a topic can drastically effect your online business, and that might be the understatement of the year. Someone who is perceived as an expert will make more sales, find more readers, and be able to more easily grow. On the other hand, someone who is perceived as being a novice or – worse – a scammer will find it hard to continue to grow online.
So how do you brand yourself as an authority on a topic, especially when you’re blogging or building a business in a crowded niche? Check out what our Brilliant Bloggers have to say on this topi!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
“Becoming an authority is a choice, not an appointment. That is the real secret. No one is going to give it to you. No one can nominate you as an authority – at least not until you’ve positioned yourself as one. In order to become an authority, you need to initiate it. It’s that simple. You choose to give other people a reason to view you as an authority as you consciously step out, take risks and write what really matters.”
I love this post from Bonnie, who is part of The SITS Girls, because it cuts to the core of how to be seen as an expert in your field: you have to actually go for it. It doesn’t happy by accident. This post has some great tips as well, so it’s the perfect place to start if you’re hoping to begin building an authority brand online. Don’t forget to follow Bonnie on Twitter at @HobbytoHOT after you’ve read her post!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 5 Ways to Make Sure Your Blog Never Becomes an Authority Blog by James Junior
- 7 Steps to Become an Authority in Your Industry by Lewis Howes (@Lewis Howes)
- 10 Tactical Ways to Position Yourself as an Authority Online by Laura Roeder (@lkr)
- 10 Ways to Build Authority as an Online Writer by Demian Farnworth (@demianfarnworth)
- 11 Ways to Use Content to Build Online Authority by Corey Eridon (@Corey_bos)
- 100-Plus Tips and Resources to Become an Authority Site in Your Niche by Inside CRM
- Becoming a Trusted Authority with Content Marketing by Caeden MacGregor
- How Being an Authority can Boost Your Online Sales by Zach Bulygo (@zachcb1)
- How to Achieve Blogging Authority: How Content Can Make You King or Queen by David Boozer (@dboozeman)
- How to Become an Authority and Why It Will Soon Matter to Google and Your SEO by Amanda DiSilvestro (@ADiSilvestro)
- How to Become an Authority Blogger by Ryan Imel (@ryanimel)
- How to Become an Authority in Your Field by Leigh Peele (@leighpeele)
- How To Build Yourself As The Authority Figure In Your Industry by Travis Petelle
- How To Create An Authority Blog Using Case Studies by Sarah Chrisp (@SarahChrisp)
- Leverage Blogging to Build Business Identity, Authority and Credibility by Rebekah Radice (@rebekahradice)
- The “Answer” to Becoming an Authority Blogger in your Niche by Zac Johnson (@moneyreign)
- The Breaking Bad Guide to Becoming an Authority Blogger by Hector Cuevas (@HectorCuevas)
- The Surprising Key to Becoming an Authority by Jeff Goins (@JeffGoins)
- Two Very Different Ways to Create a Profitable Authority Blog by Tom Ewer (@tomewer)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about becoming an authority? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Email Newsletters
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.