Social gaming has been huge this year, from Facebook launching new game features to Google+ adding gaming to their social network. It will be both fun and interesting to see what 2012 has in store for game play within our favorite online social hangouts.
Facebook released their Top Games of 2011 list yesterday (December 21). I was very surprised to see that Gardens of Times earned the top spot. I fully expected to see CityVille, but given the way Facebook pulled together this list, it explains why it wasn’t number one.
Facebook said, “This list was compiled by looking at the top games on Facebook with more than 100,000 monthly active users and giving priority to those games with the highest user satisfaction scores. The result is a list of the games that received the most user recommendations in 2011.”
Here are Facebook’s Top Games of 2011:
- Gardens of Time (by Playdom)
- The Sims Social (by EA)
- Cityville (by Zynga)
- DoubleDown Casino (by DoubleDown Entertainment)
- Indiana Jones Adventure World (by Zynga)
- Words With Friends (by Zynga)
- Bingo Blitz (by Buffalo Studios)
- Empires & Allies (by Zynga)
- Slotomania-Slot Machines (by Playtika)
- Diamond Dash (by wooga)
Which Facebook game is your favorite and sucks the most time out of your day?