Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Hosting Webinars
When people talk about content marketing, they typically mean blogging, podcasting, video, ebook publication, and social curation. However, content marketing is really any kind of free informational or entertaining resource you give away in order to highlight your own skills and products/services. It’s selling without really selling.
One often-overlooked form of content marketing is the free webinar. Webinars can be recorded or live, but in both cases, they are an online presentation or class given at a specific time, usually in order to capture leads (i.e. people have to give you their email address and other information to attend).
This week’s Brilliant Bloggers is all about the art of hosting a great webinar. They can be a lot of work if you do them well, but the reward is great, since they can attract thousands of attendees without you having to plan a live event. And lest you think webinars are only for business, you can also consider hosting one if your a blogger or podcaster, as they can drive traffic and help you become known as an expert in your field. You can even sell access to a webinar as a way of monetizing.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
7 Tips for Producing Winning Webinars by Aliza Sherman
Some webinars I attend are great, but I identify with this post by Aliza Sherman because most of the webinars I’ve attended are pretty horrible. What separates the good from the bad?
Aliza outlines several tips in this post that can help you ensure your posts are beneficial, not a chore for people to attend. If your webinars are good, they can solidify you as an expert, promote your products/services, and help you capture leads, so definitely check out her tips before you host your next webinar! (And don’t forget to follow Aliza on Twitter at @alizasherman.)
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 6 Tips for Hosting a Successful Webinar by Sharon Dunigan
- 8 Ways To Boost Your Business With Webinars by Lewis Howes (@LewisHowes)
- 10 Steps for Planning a Successful Webinar by Chris Peters and Kami Griffiths (@TechSoup)
- 18 Tips on How To Conduct an Engaging Webinar by Olivia Mitchell (@OliviaMitchell)
- A Five-Step Process for Hosting a Webinar That Generates Sales by Greg Digneo (@GregDigneo)
- Be the Webinar Host with the Most – 4 Tips! by Jill Bastian (@jillieb3)
- Hosting A Webinar – Equipment You’ll Need by David Crawford
- How to Host a Great Webinar in 6 Easy Steps by Dan Taylor (@mountaindan)
- How to Host a Successful Webinar by Kelly Noble (@Stellar247) and Paul Serwin (@LeverageSuccess)
- How to Host a Webinar by Marketing Zone (@marketingzone_)
- How to Setup and Promote Your First Webinar by Ellie Mirman (@ellieeille)
- Public Speaking Tips for Webinars by Patricia Fripp (@pfripp)
- Running a Successful Webinar: 10 Presentation Commandments by Deborah Sweeney (@deborahsweeney)
- Seven Tips for Hosting Webinars that Rock by Carol Tice (@TiceWrites)
- The Advantages of Hosting a Webinar by Marissa Buie (@marBuie)
- Which is the One ‘Free Meeting Webinar Service’ to Rule Them All by Natalie Sisson (@suitcasepreneur)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about hosting webinars? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Video Podcasting
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.