Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Writing Viral Posts
We all dream of waking up one morning to find that a post we wrote exploded over night and drove millions of new readers to your blog. Heck, forget millions most of us would be happy driving thousands or even hundreds of new readers to a post. We all cross our fingers that one of our posts will go viral, but the fact is that this isn’t common no matter how good your content may be.
Viral posts spread like an infection – fast and to many people. But what exactly defines a post as viral? And how do you replicate this success again and again on your blog? This week’s Brilliant Bloggers is all about how to write posts that set you up for this success. There may be no silver bullet formula you can follow that guarantees your post will go viral, but you can at least nudge things in your favor as much as possible!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
If anyone knows a thing or two about viral posts, it’s the guys from Buffer, who see people sharing certain posts (and not sharing others) every day. In this post from Buffer’s Leo Widrich, the entire process of going viral is broken down into chunks, using a specific popular post as a case study. If you’re writing great content, but just can’t seem to reach that viral level, this is a post you need to read.
Also, make sure you follow Leo on Twitter at @LeoWid and check out Buffer as a content-sharing tool. Disclosure: they’ve exhibited at our conference in the past, but I wouldn’t recommend Buffer if I didn’t think this was an amazing tool.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 7 Steps to Create a Viral Blog Post by Jason Delodovici (@jdelodovici)
- 11 Tips to Write a Killer Blog Post that Can Go Viral by Nandita B. (@nanditaSEO)
- Create Powerful Viral Blog Posts With This Ten Point Plan by Scott Dudley (@ScottDudley)
- Five Easy Tips To Write Viral Blog Posts by Gary Lawood (@lawmacs)
- Forget SEO: Here’s How to Write a Post That Goes Viral by Neil Patel (@neilpatel)
- Go Viral: How To Write A Successful Blog Post by Josh Ebsworth (@CW_JoshE)
- Going Viral: Analyzing the Shared Characteristics Behind Viral Blog Posts by Tom Ewer (@tomewer)
- How I Used Twitter to Attract 34,771 Unique Web Hits by Derek Halpern (@derekhalpern)
- How to Go Viral with Your Blog Post by Terri Lee Ryan (@TerriLeeRyan)
- How To Plan And Write A Blog Post To Go Viral by Francisco Rosales (@socialmouths)
- How to Write Articles That Go Viral by Daniel Zeevi (@DashBurst)
- How to Write Copy that Goes Viral by Seth Godin (@ThisIsSethsBlog)
- How To Write For Viral Marketing by Chris Lentzy (@chrislentzy)
- How to Write Posts that Go Viral by Onibalusi Bamidele (@youngprepro)
- How to Write Posts that Go Viral in Social Media by Leslie Anglesey
- New Blogger? Create a Viral Post in 5 Simple Steps! by Greg Digneo (@GregDigneo)
- No More Blah Blogs: Let’s Go Viral by Hannah Kaufman for Savvy Panda (@savvypanda)
- Our Viral Blog Post Formula by Caitlyn Muir (@scribblinghappy)
- The Simple Secret Behind Writing Viral Blog Posts by Srivathsan G.K. (@dangerdiabolick)
- The Truth About Going Viral: What I Did After 1 Million People Stopped By My Blog by Jeff Goins (@JeffGoins)
- The Ultimate Guide to Creating Viral Content by Neil Davidson (@WEBPRESENTER)
- Who Else Wants to Write Viral Blog Posts? by Jasmine
- Why Content Goes Viral: the Theory and Proof by Carson Ward (@carson_ward)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about writing viral posts? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Hosting Webinars
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.