Gideon Shalwick is one of my favorite video bloggers, and in this video, he talks about using “flow” to be a better video blogger. This is actually a skill you can apply to almost anything in life. Flow is what you might call “getting in the zone” and it helps you master a skill even when you’re starting with zero knowledge.
Here’s how Gideon suggests you use flow to improve your vlogging skills:
It boils down to asking yourself the following five questions:
- Why are you video blogging?
- What clear goals do you have have as a video blogger?
- What information do I need to reach my goal and where can I get it?
- What easy actions can I take to get a result that works toward my goal?
- Based on my results, how do I need to improve?
Again, although Gideon applies these tips to video blogging (and skateboarding) in his video lesson, you can use this same process to improve at just about anything! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.