Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Facebooks Ads
Facebook ads is a way to “buy fans/likes” in a very targeted way. You can advertise on the Facebook sidebar, or you can promote one of your updates so more people see it. Either way, Facebook ads are a great way to build your brand if you have a little money in the budget. I wrote about my Facebook ad buying experiences here.
At NMX 2013, Amy Porterfield presented the session “How to Get Started with Facebook Ads: 3 Easy Ad Strategies to Attract Quality Traffic, Grow Your Leads & Increase Profits.” Today, I wanted to dig even deeper into this topic to see what others are saying about buying Facebook ads. If you’re interested in purchasing ads for your content or business, take a gander at their advice first.
Brilliant Blogger of the Week
Every Type of Facebook Advertising and How to Use Them by Jennifer Beese
If you’re a newbie in the world of Facebook advertising, this post from Jennifer at Sprout Insights is the place to start. In the post, she goes over the six main types of ads you can consider buying on Facebook and whether or not each option is the best one for your needs. When you’re new to Facebook ads, the terminology can mix you up a bit, but Jennifer included pictures of each type of ad so you know exactly what she’s talking about.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 3 Tips to Make Your Facebook Ads Stand Out From the Herd by Noran El-Shinnawy (@noranshinnawy)
- 5 Facebook Ad Tips to Maximize Your Facebook Campaigns by Andrea Vahl (@andreavahl)
- 5 Tips for Facebook Advertising by Gillian Singletary
- 6 Tips You Never Know about Facebook Ads by Sam Scholfield (@StuffedWeb)
- 7 Tips for Better Facebook Ad Performance [Report] by Miranda Miller (@MirandaM_EComm)
- 7 Tips to Create Facebook Ads That Convert by Amy Porterfield (@amyporterfield)
- 8 Tips for Effective Facebook Advertising by Jennifer Fong (@jenfongspeaks)
- 9 Tips for Choosing An Effective Facebook Ad Image by Chelsea (@shortstacklab)
- 10 Facebook Advertising Tips For Brilliant Marketers by Nick O’Neill
- 10 Quick Steps to Creating a Facebook Ad Campaign by Jonathan Blum and Alex Dalenberg
- 11 Tips for a Better Facebook Ad Campaign by Shaad Hamid (@shaadhamid)
- 15 Tips For A Successful Facebook Ads Program by Adam Riff (@MediaWhizInc)
- A Deep Dive into Facebooks Advertising by Fred Perrotta (@FredPerrotta)
- Facebook Ads Conversion Tracking: How to Create an Offsite Pixel by Jon Loomer (@jonloomer)
- Facebook Ads: How to Get 1 Cent CPC (and why you might not want to) by Moment Garden
- Facebook Ads, You’re Holding It Wrong by Jason Keath (@JasonKeath)
- Facebook Advertising for Dummies Cheat Sheet by Paul Dunay, Richard Krueger, and Joel Elad
- How I Optimize Facebook Ad Campaigns In 15 Minutes Per Day by Dennis Yu (@dennisyu)
- How To Cheat Your Way To Eyecatching Facebook Ads by Stephen Croome (@firstconversion)
- How to Use Facebook Ads: An Introduction by Ben Pickering (@bpicks)
- Six Things Nonprofits Should Know About Facebook Ads by Taryn Degnan (@tarynidana)
- Three Expert Tips for Better Facebook Advertising by Rich Brooks (@therichbrooks)
- Want to create better Facebook ads? Start here by Brad McCarty (@bradmccarty)
- Why Facebook Ads are Undervalued & How Advertisers Can Take Advantage by Will Lin (@PPCAssociates)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Facebook ads? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Keyword Research
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.