Nothing is more rewarding for conference organizers like us than seeing photos of our events shared online. Though we have an official photographer roaming the New Media Expo floor, it’s your candid shots that really capture the essence of NMX and what we feel it’s all about. At BlogWorld NY, our #BWENY hashtag showed great activity on Instagram. At NMX ’13 in Las Vegas, we’d like to reward our community for sharing their photos on Instagram, by offering a chance at three different prizes.
First, the details.
NMX ’13 Instagram Contest: The Guidelines
We’re not going to be too strict about this, but we do have a few guidelines:
- All eligible photos must be posted on Instagram using the #NMX hashtag: We love to see your photos on Facebook, Twitter and blogs, but for your images to be eligible, they must be posted to Instagram using the correct hashtag – #NMX.
- Photographs must be posted between the dates of Saturday, January 5th and Wednesday, January 9th: The contest is being held while #NMX is in session, though we will add a day before or after to allow for parties, travel, etc.
- For a photo to be eligible, it must be taken at #NMX sanctioned events: it can be taken at NMX in any of the sessions, hallways, the New Media Lounge, the Expo floor or anywhere else in the Rio Conference Center while NMX is in session. Photos can also come from official #NMX parties, including the speaker reception. However, if the party isn’t an NMX event, it’s not eligible for submission in the Instagram contest.
- Photographs must be appropriate: We know you’re having fun, and the NMX community is generally well-behaved, but please, no middle finger salutes, boob shots or tasteless photos.
Of course you want to know why you should participate in the NMX ’13 Instagram contest. While we hope you’re going to post your photos online anyway, we do want to offer some incentive. Three winners will receive passes to New Media Expo ’14. The winners will be chosen in the following categories:
- Humor – Make us laugh!
- Geekiness – One random, geeky photo of NMX co-founder Dave Cynkin’s choosing will win a prize. What does that mean? We don’t know either. Surprise us!
- Spirit – The photo that best captures the spirit of NMX – why we do what we do and why people come to our show every year. Is it the networking? Is it the learning? You tell us!
See you at #NMX!
We can’t wait to see you at NMX and look forward to seeing your photos on Instagram. Every photo meeting the above criteria is eligible. See you in a few days!