Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web, all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Small Business Blogging
A blog can be an extremely powerful tool for some business owners. But, of course, there are a lot of stumbling blocks. How do I find the time? What do I write about? How do I promote my posts?
Today, our Brilliant Bloggers list answers these questions and more. We’ve collected over 30 posts that can help you start a small business blog or boost sales using the one you already have.
And don’t forget our can’t-miss business sessions at BusinessNext, presented by NMX. This show features experts in the business, blogging, and marketing worlds to help you learn about taking your business blog and other online efforts to the next level. Register now!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
I could point to any number of posts about small business blogging on TopRank from Lee Odden, but I like this one the best because it addresses why exactly small businesses should be blogging in the first place. When I talk to small business owners, the biggest stumbling block is getting them to believe they need a blog. Sometimes, a blog might not make sense, but in most cases having a blog can really boost your business. In this post, Lee talks about the benefits of having a blog for your small business, and if you’re hungry for even more, he links to a video at the end where he talks to Frank J. Kenny more about small business blogging.
Did you know Lee will also be speaking at BusinessNext, being presented at NMX 2013 in Las Vegas? You don’t want to miss him and Amy Porterfield speaking in the session “Companies That Hit The Bullseye With Their Social Campaigns.” Grab a full access pass today to get access to this BusinessNext session!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 3 Tips for Starting a Small Business Blog by Collis Ta’eed (@collis)
- 5 Benefits of Small Business Blogging by bMighty2 (@bmighty2)
- 5 Costly Mistakes Small Business Blogs Cannot Afford by Prasanna Bidkar (@prasannabidkar)
- 5 Keys to Successful Small Business Blogging by Ty Kiisel (@tykiisel)
- 5 Small Business Business Blogging Tips by Jase Group (@JASEGroup)
- 5 Things To Do Before You Launch Your [Small Business] Blog by Sarah Von Bargen (@yesandyes)
- 5 Ways To Build A Better Business Through Blogging by Lisa Barone (@lisabarone)
- 6 Reasons Every Small Business Should Be Blogging… Are You Missing the Boat? by Jonah Lopin (@JonahLopin)
- 6 Tips for Customizing Your Small Business Blog by Ben Parr (@benparr)
- 7 Blogging Mistakes That Small Businesses Make by Lou Dubois (@lou_dubois)
- 7 Ways to Amplify Your Small Business Blog by Monica Romeri
- 8 Tips for Keeping your Business Blog Current by Caron Beesley (@caronbeesley)
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging by Neil Patel (@neilpatel)
- 9 Tips for Creating More Small Business Blogging Ideas by Mark Hayward (@mark_hayward)
10 Small Business Blogging Tips for Any Business Owner by Amanda MacArthur
- Best 4 Blogging Tips for Small Business Owners by Lynn Brown (@learnit2earnit)
- Blog Management for Small Businesses: The Ultimate Guide by Heather Rast (@heatherrast)
- Content Strategies for Small Business Blogs by Aylin Poulton
- Going Local with Your Small Business Blogging by Ashley Neal (@smallbizatlanta)
- How to Blog Effectively to Market Your Small Business by Shashi Bellamkonda (@ShashiB)
- How To Make Your Business Blog Informative by Amie Marse (@Content_Money)
- How to Start a Small Business Blog the Right Way by Marion Jacobson (@searchqueen)
- Six Reasons Why Small Businesses Should Blog Now by Women’s Leadership Exchange (@WLExchange)
- Small Business Blogs: Is Blogging Worth it for Small Businesses? by Emily Bennington (@EmilyBennington)
- Small Business Blogging Tips: How to create compelling posts by Chris Wallace
- Small Business Blogging Tips for Beginners by Danielle Rodabaugh (@DaRodabaugh)
- Top 10 Small Business Blogging Mistakes to Avoid in 2013 by Linda Dessau (@lindadessau)
- Why a Small Business Blog Is Your Most Valuable Marketing Asset by Lynnette Fusilier (@pearlgirl)
- Why Every Small Business Needs a WordPress Blog for Their Social Media Strategy by Jeannette Paladino (@jepaladino)
- Why You should Blog for Your Small Business by Lance Sonka (@lancesonka)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about small business? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: NMX/BusinessNext 2013!
Our next edition of Brilliant Bloggers in January will feature all of the awesome, recap posts about NMX 2013! Good or bad, we love hearing your thoughts on the show. Want to be included on this round-up list? You have to attend NMX and/or BusinessNext 2013! Check out our live event site to learn how to register or upgrade to an all-access pass.
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts (and contact info for sending your links!). We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.