Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at NMX where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature a brilliant blogger, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Podcasting Gear
I guess this week’s edition should be called “Brilliant Podcasters” instead of bloggers.
When it comes to just about anything in life, you’re only as good as your tools. Podcasting is no exception to the rule. If you use high-quality equipment, you’re going to have a better final product. Previously, we compiled a list of Brilliant Bloggers talking about starting a podcast, but today, we’re focusing on the specific gear you can buy to produce the best podcasts.
Podcasters, I hope you’ll also leave your advice in the comments!
Brilliant Blogger of the Week
The Best Podcasting Equipment by Daniel M. Clark
Today’s Brilliant Blogger is probably a familiar name to you if you’ve spent any time reading the NMX blog. Daniel is a regular contributor here, and when it comes to podcasting advice, he really knows his stuff. If you want a simple, great list of equipment to use for your podcast, his site is the place to find it! He goes over everything from hardware and software to WordPress plugins for podcasters on this list.
I also encourage you to check out all of Daniel’s contributions here on the NMX blog if you want to learn more about producing better podcasts. Definitely take a moment to follow him on Twitter at @qaqn after reading all of his great advice.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- Adventures in Podcasting Equipment by Frei Casull (@freicasull)
- Best $200 Podcasting Condenser Mics by Matt McGlynn (@recordinghacks)
- Choosing the Right Equipment for Your Budget by David Doucette (@residedavid)
- Don’t Forget about Shotguns as Podcasting Microphones by Brian Schwartz (@bschwartz)
- How I Produce My Podcast by Trent Dyrsmid (@TrentDyrsmid)
- How to Start a Podcast – The Gear and Software Needed to Produce Your Own Podcast by Ray Ortega (@podcasthelper)
- How to Start a Successful Podcast on a $50 Budget by Jonathan Taylor (@BIBPodcast)
- Microphone And Mixer Suggestions For Podcasting And Low-Power Radio by Michael W. Dean (@FreedomFeens)
- Microphone Reviews for Podcasting and Video Marketing by Colette Mason (@colettemason)
- My Podcasting Gear and the Ms. Ileane Speaks Podcast is Now on iTunes by Ileane Smith (@Ileane)
- My Podcasting Gear, Setup, and Process – Lean Blog Podcast by Mark Graban (@MarkGraban)
- My Podcasting Equipment by Dan Blank (@DanBlank)
- Podcast 101: Session 1: The Basic Gear by Matt Cohen (@cameltoad)
- Podcast Equipment by Cliff Ravenscraft (@gspn)
- Podcasting Equipment by Ben Curry (@BadDice_Podcast)
- Podcasting Equipment: Does size really matter? – Part 1 and Part 2 by Dan Lyons
- Podcast Equipment Jim Uses by Jim Harold (@ParanormalPdcst)
- Quite Possibly the Best Starter Microphone For Podcasters by David Jackson (@learntopodcast)
- Solid Option for Portable Podcasting: iRig Mic and iRig Recorder for iOS by Tris Hussey (@trishussey)
- Starting A Podcast: The Best Recording Equipment & Platforms You Should Use by James Bruce (@w0lfiesmith)
- The Top Five Most Affordable Podcasting Microphones by Briley Kenney (@BrileyK)
- What is the Best USB Microphone for Podcasting? by Jon Buscall (@jonbuscall)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about podcasting gear? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Media Kits
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.