Brilliant Bloggers is a bi-weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every other week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Storytelling
Storytelling is an art, and one that the best bloggers, podcasters, and web TV producers must learn to master online. Even business owners promoting their products on social media can benefit from learning about
Brilliant Blogger of the Week:
Writes Lauren, “Social media is now at the stage in which we are all becoming expert storytellers, often without knowing it, and developing the skills to tell those stories effectively.” Whether you’re using social media to promote your online content or your business, telling stories is necessary for building your brand online. What I like most about Lauren’s post is that she goes beyond just talking about how important it is to tell your story. She also talks about the importance of the visual story. Check out the full post on Simply Zesty, then follow Lauren on Twitter at @laurenfisher.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 3 Simple Storytelling Methods That Can Do Your Selling For You by Ben Settle (@BenSettle)
- Batman and the Storytelling Map by Mark Lightowler (@lightma1)
- Be a Storyteller: How to Write Great Blogs by Maximilian Majewski (@maxmajewski)
- Blogging For Your Company Is Still About Storytelling & Using Your Own Voice by Mike McClure
- Content Marketing: Stories are Key by Patsi Krakoff (@patsiblogsquad)
- Five Ways To Weaponize Your Brand Storytelling by Mike Walsh (@mikewalsh)
- How To Use Storytelling To Boost Traffic by Taylor Davies
- Importance of Storytelling in Social Media by Charu Dwivedi
- Infographic: Storytelling versus Corporate Speak by Douglas Karr (@douglaskarr)
- Interactive Storytelling for your Brand with Facebook Timeline by Kelsy (@CGIInteractive)
- Ode: How to Tell a Great Story by Seth Godin (@sethgodin)
- The Power of Persuasion: Storytelling & Personas in Content Marketing by Lee Odden (@leeodden)
- The Power of Storytelling by Corey Schreiber
- The Power of Storytelling by Deanna Maio (@deannamaio)
- The Rise of Visual Storytelling In Marketing by Magdalena Georgieva (@mgieva)
- Storyselling 101 by Johnny B. Truant (@johnnybtruant)
- Storytelling and Your Personal Brand by Oscar Del Santo (@OscarDS)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about storytelling? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link.
Next Brilliant Blogger Topic: Special Edition – BlogWorld New York
I’d love to include a link to your post in our next installment– and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.