I’m a sucker for a good case study. I think the best way to learn how social media is working is to take a look at some real-life examples. You can’t always replicate success or avoid failure by copying what another company or person has done, but it can help you revamp your own strategy.
As part of the 12 New Media Days of Christmas, I’m supposed give you four awesome case studies from 2011 that I think are worth checking out. Problem is, I can’t pick just four!
So today, I’ve compiled a list of fifteen fantastic new media case studies of 2011, put together by talented bloggers from around the world. Whether you’re a business owner or a blogger, these are some great examples of companies doing things right – and wrong – along with analysis of they hardest question to answer in new media: why.
- 5 case studies — Social technology impacting management by Mark W. Schaefer (@markwschaefer)
- 9 Facebook Marketing Success Stories You Should Model by Phil Mershon (@phil_mershon)
- Case study: Are daily deal discounts inflated? by Thumbtack (@thumbtack)
- Case Study: How Did Humphry Slocombe Get 300,000 Twitter Followers? by Joshua Ritchie (for @flowtown)
- Case Study: How Brian turned a hobby into a business — and almost doubled his rates by Ramit Sethi (@ramit)
- Case Study: Mayo Clinic Supports Patients Via Social Media by Stephanie Reese (for @emarketer)
- Did This National Restaurant Chain Put Too Much Love Into the Like? by Jay Baer (@jaybaer)
- For Dunkin’ Donuts the World of Social Media Runs on ROI by Candida McCollam (@globalspeak)
- How a Scrapbooking Company Used Social Media to Beat Target as Best Brand in Minnesota by Casey Hibbard (@casey_hibbard)
- The Metrics Behind Guest Blogging [Case Study] by Erin Everhar (@erinever)
- Using Social Media In Crisis: A Study from Penn State by Chris Smye (@cksyme)
- Walgreens Social Business Case Study (video) by Pam Moore (@pammktgnut)
- What Ten Social Media Disasters Taught Us in 2011 by David Amerland (@davidamerland)
- When Humor isn’t Funny by Scott Monty (@scottmonty)
If these case studies just aren’t enough for you, check out link #15: 50 Social Media Case Studies Worth Bookmarking from Simply Zesty!
These aren’t, of course, the only great new media case studies out there. Share your favorites (or ones you’ve posted on your own blog in 2011) by leaving a comment below.
This post is part of the 12 New Media Days of Christmas! You can see other posts in the series here:
12 Bloggers Monetizing
11 Emailers List Building
10 Google+ Users a-Sharing
9 Vloggers Recording
8 Links a-Baiting
7 Community Managers a-Managing
6 Publishers a-Publishing
5 Traffic Tips
4 New Media Case Studies (this post)
3 Must-Read New Media Interviews
2 Top New Media News Stories of 2011
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree