Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Interviews
Right now, we’ve been posting a ton of speaker interviews, videos, and guest posts in preparation for #BWELA. Personally, I love it. Interviews especially give you the chance to really get to know the other person. Adding them to your blog will only strengthen your content.
I also recommend doing interviews if possible. Like guest posting, it’s a great way to get some exposure for yourself and your products. Today’s brilliant blogger links cover both topics: how to be the interviewer and how to be the interviewee. You might also want to check out this recent post on interviewing right here on the BlogWorld blog!
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
If you only have time to read one post on how to interview people, make it this one. David’s post isn’t just about what kinds of questions you should ask or how you should go about contacting a-listers; it starts at the very beginning with tips on how to get to know these people in the first place. Want to interview the most influential people out there? Start by reading this post. You can also follow David on Twitter @TheRiseToTheTop.
How to Use Interviews On Your Blog by Darren Rowse
This post is actually the first in a three-part series on interviews on Problogger. I highly recommend checking out the other two as well: How to approach others for interviews for your blog and How to be interviewed as a blogger. They’re several years old, but still filled with good tips! After reading his advice, you can follow Darren on Twitter @Problogger.
5 Blog Video Interviewing Tips by Ian Harris
This guest post by Ian Harris on Marko Saric’s blog is a great resource if you want to add video with your interviews. Video still scares me a little, so I really appreciate Ian’s tips! You can follow Ian on Twitter @twilovideo and Marko is on Twitter @markosaric.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 5 Benefits to Adding Interview Podcasts to Your Blog by Susmita (@speckyg)
- 5 Tips for Crafting Creative Blog Interviews: Video with Dyana Valentine by Tara Gentile (@taragentile)
- 6 Simple Steps to Killer Blog Interviews by Hector Cuevas (@HectorCuevas)
- 7 Tips for Grabbing High Quality Blog Interviews by Jason mKey (@Jasonmkey)
- 11 Ways to Improve Your Blog Posts With Interviews by Ryan Malone (@ryanmalone)
- The 13 Business Blogging Master Post Templates You Can Use, Part 11 – Interviews by Michael Martine (@remarkablogger)
- 20 Virtual Interview Tips and 10 Questions to Ask Your Guests by Heather Stephens (@stephensheather)
- The Basics of Blogger Interviews by Ileane Smith (@Ileane)
- Blog Interview Do’s and Don’ts by Jennine Jacob (@_IFB)
- Can I Interview You for My Blog? by Shane Pike (@ShanePike)
- Does Publishing Interviews On A Blog Help? by Brankica Underwood (@liveurlove)
- How Do You Interview People For Your Blog by Dave Taylor (@DaveTaylor)
- How To Conduct A Quality Podcast Interview by Yaro Starak (@yarostarak)
- How to Conduct an Interview by Justine Larbalestier (@JustineLavaworm)
- How to Find Interview Subjects for Your Blog Posts and Articles by Deb Ng (@debng)
- How To Find People Who Want To Interview You by Mike Klassen (@magalogguy)
- How to Host the Perfect Interview by Janith Randeniya (@jrandeniya)
- HOW TO: Make the Most of a Blog Interview by Ann Smarty (@seosmarty)
- How To Produce Video Interviews For Your Blog Using Skype by Francisco Rosales (@socialmouths)
- How to Successfully Interview People by John Hewitt (@poewar)
- The Interview Blueprint: Great Blog Content, from A to Z by Danny Iny (@DannyIny)
- Promote Your Blog With An Interview by Sharon Hurley Hall (@SHurleyHall)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about publishing on interviews? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Blog Design
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.