Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge list of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Finding Post Ideas
Cue me rubbing my hands together and licking my chops.
Usually, I use Brilliant Bloggers as an excuse to write about topics where I don’t personally have much experience. This week, the topic is my jam. I love coming up with post ideas and spend a lot of time brainstorming for my various blogs. I’m not going to tell you how many blog posts and articles I write or outline every month, for myself and for clients because it might make your head explode. To do that, I’ve had to get really good at coming up with ideas. At least, I think I’m good at it. *pats self on back*
So, tomorrow, I’m going to post my own secret tips to help you come up with ideas for your blog when the well runs dry. I hope you’ll stop back to read it!
But for right now? Well…I have to admit, even I have ideas when finding inspiration is a challenge. We all deal with writer’s blog (or podcaster’s block or vlogger’s block or whatever) from time to time. So even though I hope you will come back to read my idea-finding post tomorrow, it’s even more important that you check out the brilliant bloggers I’ve featured here. These are some smart cookies, y’all – much more brilliant than I am! Check out these awesome posts – and then list one of your own tips for finding post ideas when you’re lacking inspiration by leaving a comment.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
What Topics and Content Should I Include on my 3DS Blog? by Dave Taylor
Okay, I know most of you out there probably don’t own 3DS blogs, but stay with me – although he’s answering the question of someone who runs a video game blog, the techniques Dave talks about for finding post ideas can really be used with any kind of blog. Using a search engine is not something I’ve done in the past, so it was an interesting new tool to add to my repertoire. After reading the post, you can find Dave on Twitter @davetaylor.
Finding Blog Post Ideas in the Most Unlikely Places by Murray Lunn
While a lot of blog posts about finding ideas go over the same old tips, this post by Murray Lunn actually covers some really interesting new ways of finding inspiration for your next blog post. I especially love his tip for using eBay and Amazon – that’s something I hadn’t heard of before that I’m definitely going to use! Check out the entire post and then find Murray on Twitter @murraylunn.
How To Get Killer Blog Post Ideas…Even If You’re Not RVing Full Time by Eli Sorenti-Burns
Eli is an 8-year-old who gives crazy good advice. Like, seriously, when I was eight, I could barely handle brushing my teeth and he’s writing complete blog posts! Now, I suspect that he has some help from mom or dad, but it’s pretty cool to read some awesome advice about finding post ideas from someone who hasn’t been jaded by the world yet. :-p Eli’s going to be an online millionaire by the time he graduates. I’m calling it now. He’s too young to be on Twitter, but you can follow dad at @ralphhb to learn more about this cool RVing family!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 3 Tips to Get Killer Blog Post Ideas by Mani Viswanathan (@mani0993)
- 4 Blog Post Ideas to Get You Unstuck by Kristina
- 5 Best Ways to Find Ideas for Blog Posts by Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen (@QuipsAndTips)
- 5 Places To Look At For Your Next Blog Post Idea by Tushar Agarwal
- 6 Places to Find Ideas for Blog Posts by Grandma Mary (Andrea Vahl) (@AndreaVahl)
- 7 Blog Post Ideas For When You’re Staring At A Blank Screen byDavid Santistevan (@dsantistevan)
- 7 Ways To Get Endless Ideas For Your Blog Posts by David Risley (@DavidRisley)
- 8 Ways to Collect Enough Blog Post Ideas for the Next 100 Years by Judy Dunn (@CatsEyeWriter)
- 9 Tips on Using Forums to Get Blog Post Ideas by Tristan Higbee (@tristanhigbee)
- 10 Killer Post Ideas by Chris Garrett (@chrisgarrett)
- 20 Blog Topics To Get You Unstuck by Chris Brogan (@chrisbrogan)
- 20 Different Blog Post Ideas by Jonathan (@blogpassion)
- 23 Great Ideas For Blog Posts by Pat Doyle (@patdoyle)
- 25 Ways to Use the Web to Find Content for Your Blog by Danny Brown (@DannyBrown)
- 33 Blog Post Ideas for the Personal Brand-Building Blogger by Jacob Share (@jacobshare)
- 37 Viral Post Ideas You Can Use Today by Skellie (@skellie)
- 45 Blog Post Ideas That Always Generate Buzz by Adam Singer (@AdamSinger)
- 50 Blog Ideas to Help You Keep Your Blog Fresh by Wendy Wood (@wendywood)
- 50 Blog Post Ideas for Business Blogging by Tad Chef (@onreact_com)
- 50 Can’t-Fail Techniques for Finding Great Blog Topics by Carol Tice (@TiceWrites)
- 52 Blog Post Ideas for Business Blogging by Cheryl Liquori (@cherliquori)
- 100 Ways To Find Ideas For Your Blog Posts by Steven Aitchison (@StevenAitchison)
- 111 Instant Blog Post Ideas by Easton Ellsworth
- 353+ Blog Post Ideas to Inspire You by Amy Schmittauer (@schmittastic)
- The A to Z of Blog Post Idea Generation by Danny Iny (@DannyIny)
- Are You Running Out of Blog Post Ideas? by Sonny Lanorias (@sonnylanorias)
- Finding Post Ideas by Matt Cowan (@matt_cowan)
- Finding Blog Post Ideas in Unusual Places by Kiesha Easley (@weblogbetter)
- Five Blog Post Ideas When You Have No Idea What to Write About by Mack Collier (@MackCollier)
- Five Places to Find Blog Post Ideas by Alyssa Gregory (@alyssagregory)
- How I Generated One Years Worth of Content Ideas in One Hour; And You Can Too by Glen Allsopp (@viperchill)
- How to Get Blog Post Ideas for Your Blog by Onibalusi Bamidele (@youngprepro)
- How To Get Blog Post Inspiration In Your Niche by Lee Ka Hoong (@BloggingWP)
- Stumbling for Blog Post Ideas by Justin Germino (@dragonblogger)
- Ten Easy Blog Post Ideas For When You’re Lazyby Max Miroff (@MaxMiroff)
- Uncovering Awesome Blog Post Ideas by Drew Berman (@drewberman)
- Unusual, Cheeky and Fun Ways To Get Inspiration For Your Blog Posts by Michael Dunlop (@michaeldunlop)
- Want Infinite Blog Post Ideas? by Andrew Hanelly (@hanelly)
- Where Do You Get Your Blog Post Ideas? by Brad Harmon (@brad_harmon)
- Where Do You Get Your Post Ideas From? by John Chow (@johnchow)
- Where to Find Blog Post Ideas by Andrew G. Rosen (@jobacle)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about finding post ideas? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: TBD
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.