Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: List-Building
There’s not a lot of blanket advice that I think it is appropriate for all bloggers, but I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a blog that couldn’t benefit from having a mailing list. Even with just a small mailing list of a few hundred or even a few dozen people, you can do a lot with a few simple emails. Send out a newsletter. Promote your projects. Sell affiliate products. you’re only limited by your imagination and business creativity.
Having a bigger list is undoubtedly better than having a small list (though loyalty does make up for numbers occasionally). List-building is one of the most talked-about topics among bloggers and Internet marketers; let’s look at the brilliant advice available across the web.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
What I love about this post is the fact that Ana shows you how to build a list regardless of your budget. She goes over the four elements of building your list and then has tons of tips for you to try out with your own list-building efforts. Check it out and then follow Ana @webtrafficcafe.
This post is actually part of a course called “From Planning to Earning” by the guys of Blogussion. I highly recommend the entire series of posts – it’s super high-quality and in this one about email lists, they give you absolutely everything you need to know to get off on the right foot. After you’re done reading, don’t forget to follow Bloggussion @Blogussion (authors Alex and Derek can be found at @afrais and @byderekj, respectively).
Pat Flynn is absolutely one of my favorite bloggers when it comes to learning how to make money online. In this post, he talks about his own list-building experiences, sharing how he accumulated over 10,000 subscribers and giving tips on how you can do the same. Check out the post and then follow Pat @patflynn.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 8 Ways to Build Your Mailing List by Denise Wakeman (@DeniseWakeman)
- Build Your List Successfully Through These List Building Secrets by Karen Winton
- Email List Building Secrets Your Thank You Page is Keeping from You by Heather Stephens (@StephensHeather)
- How to Drastically Increase Subscriber Numbers to Your Email Newsletter by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- How to Get 6,312 Subscribers to Your Business Blog in One Day by Brian Clark (@copyblogger)
- How to Build Email List of Subscribers FAST! by Jason Katzenback (@Katzenback)
- How to Build a List? See Beyond the List to Make the Real Money by Robert Dempsey (@rdempsey)
- How To Build Your Mailing List And Make Money On It At The Same Time by John Chow (@johnchow)
- Sloths Die. Why I Want My Guacamole NOW by Jay Baer (@jaybaer)
- The 3 Big List Building Mistakes Bloggers Make (And How To Fix Them) by David Risley (@davidrisley)
- Three Steps to Listbuilding Success by Brian Terry
- Why Your Blog Needs a Mailing List by Kristi Hines (@kikolani)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about list-building? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Twitter Chats
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Bloggers Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.