Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Affiliate Programs
Affiliate programs are great for making a little extra money with your blog, and for some people, they’re major money makers. I’ve personally used Amazon’s program with some success, and you can also consider working with individuals to promote their products (for example, I have an affiliate program for my Freelance Writing ebook). Affiliate programs are often most closely associated with Internet marketers, but they can work for all bloggers, whether you blog about making money online or parenting or gardening or sports or anything in between. Today, I’ve got some great advice for you on this topic from some truly brilliant bloggers!
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
20 Tips I Used To Make $90,336.65 With Amazon by Chris Guthrie
Who doesn’t want to make nearly six figures as an Amazon affiliate? I met Chris randomly for a few minutes at BlogWorld 2010 while making a video about the event, and afterward, I looked up his site – and was so glad I did! To call Chris brilliant is an understatement. This post about his success on Amazon is a great place to start, but don’t be afraid to explore – there’s a lot of gold on his blog. After checking out the site, make sure you follow him on Twitter @ChrisGuthrie.
Are You Practicing “Spray And Pray” Affiliate Marketing? by David Risley
Many bloggers don’t find success as affiliates because they just send out a message (spray) and hope that some people bite (pray). In this post, David talks about the problem with this approach and better ways to make money with affiliate programs than just crossing your fingers that someone will click your link and make a purchase. After you check out the post, don’t forget to follow David on Twitter @davidrisley.
I love this post from Pat Flynn because it isn’t the typical “here’s how to rank high on Google for a search term and add affiliate links” post. While that can be a great approach, it’s not going to work for every blogger. Pat’s post instead gives advice on how to be successful as an affiliate with a site full of awesome content. Check it out and then follow Pat on Twitter @patflynn.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 5 Lessons on Making Money with Affiliate Programs by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- Affiliate SEO: How Websites Are Ranking in The Most Profitable Niches by Glen Allsopp (@viperchill)
- Blogger Disclosure and the FTC by Shawn Collins (@affiliatetip)
- Dealing with Dodgy Merchants & Affliate Networks by Stuart (@thegyppo)
- How to Choose the Right Affiliate Program by The Lady Bloggers Society (@theladybloggers)
- How To Make Money Setting Up Your Own Local Affiliate Program by Jeremy Schoemaker (@shoemoney)
- Interview With Chris Guthrie – Super Affiliate Dominates With Amazon! by Fazal Mayar (@fazalmayar)
- No Precedence For Social Media – Amazon Hangs Us Out To Dry by Joshua Odmark (@joshuaodmark)
- Successful Affiliates Out of Business Overnight by Travis Campbell (@mpdotcom)
- Tips for Selling to the Affluent by Mark Ling (@affilorama)
- The Top 7 Pitfalls of Affiliate Marketing for Publishers by David Vogelpohl (@marketingpilgrm)
- Why Can You Never Be Successful in Affiliate Marketing Programs? by Ryan
- Why I Am Not An Amazon.com Affiliate by John Chow (@JohnChow)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about affiliate programs? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Working with a Virtual Assistant
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Blogger Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.