Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Foursquare
I’ll admit it. When I first hear about Foursquare, I thought the idea was ridiculous. Why would anyone ever want to publicize where they are all the time? But today, I do see the benefits (as long as you are still smart enough to do so safely), and I occasionally will check in. There are, in any case, definite advantages for small business using this service! Let’s take a look at what some brilliant bloggers have to say about Foursquare.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
I love this post on Social Media Examiner – it compares two of the major location-based services, as well as goes into detail about how why and how to use them effectively, both from the user perspective and from the business perspective. you really can’t go wrong when it comes to Social Media Examiner; trying not to get lost reading all the excellent advice at that website is like trying not to breathe. After you’re done with the post, don’t forget to follow @smexaminer and @RyanatMGH.
If you’re a small business owner interested in using Foursquare, this is a really great case study. The restaurant owners featured in this post talk about how they are using the service to successfully lure in new customers and reward fans. Check it out an follow Silicone Caribe on Twitter @siliconecaribe.
Confessions of a Foursquare Addict by Hilton Barbour
I love Hilton’s post because it perfectly sums up why Foursquare works and why businesses should be using it. There’s a bright future for not only this service, but other location-based services as well…and this post explains why. I’m sure a lot of you guys can relate (I know I can – my roommate and I were battling over Red Robin mayorship for a few months).
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- Do You Use Foursquare to Market Your Business? New Changes Make It Even Better by Rieva Lesonsky
- How To Utilize Foursquare for Small Business by Jeff (@vpmicrobusiness)
- Flirting With Foursquare: When Does Social Networking Meet Socially Awkward? by Emily Price (@emily)
- Figuring Out FourSquare by Jeff Bussgang (@bussgang)
- Foursquare Etiquette: Is there a wrong or right way to check-in? by Shai Coggins (@shaicoggins)
- Foursquare is Useful? by Brooke Allen (@brooke_allen)
- Foursquare or Gowalla? by Jesse Bouman (@jessebouman)
- FourSquare: The New Loyalty Program for Restaurants by Joseph Szala
- FourSquare vs. Facebook Places by David Graddy (@DGraddy)
- The Future of Foursquare: Understanding Location-Based Marketing by Kip Bodnar
- Looking Inside The Foursquare Hype by Sramana Mitra (@sramana)
- Using Foursquare, Saving Money by Lauren K. Gray (@laurenkgray)
- What the New Foursquare Says About Geo-Local’s Future by Om Malik (@om)
- Who Do You “Like” More Foursquare or Facebook Places? by Marcel Media (@MarcelMedia)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about Foursquare? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Vlogging
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Blogger Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.