Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts or learn how to submit your link for an upcoming edition here.
This Week’s Topic: Product Launching
Talk about a topic. Product launching is one of the most popular monetization topics out there. Heck, there are entire blogs devoted just to the topic of product launching. Some of the advice I’ve been seeing contradicts other advice – but that’s part of what I love about blogging. This industry is so new, that different people are doing things in different ways and all getting good results. Whether you’re planning a launch for a pdf guide, membership site, or something else – even print book – these brilliant bloggers can help you learn about some of the techniques you can use to make your launch a massive success. I’m sure I’ve missed some awesome posts out there, so please, feel free to leave a comment with a link to your post or a post by someone you love as long as it relates to the topic of product launching. Oh, and since it’s coming up soon, definitely check out the monetization track at BlogWorld East – there will surely be lots of talk about product launches during some of those sessions!
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
Ok, I’m cheating slightly because this isn’t actually a post, but rather an entire blog. When it comes to launch advice, Dave is the reigning king, and it was impossible for me to pick out a single post to highlight. So, check out the whole website, including a few of my favorites: Case Study: Alexis Neely’s Highly Effective Pre-Launch Strategy, 3 Pricing Mistakes that Cripple Your Sales, 5 Ways to Make People Share Your Pre-Launch Content
UPDATE: Since writing this post, there have been reports of people being unhappy with Dave’s business and personal choices, so do your research before hiring or working with him. I have personally never worked with Dave, nor do I know him personally, so I cannot speak about these matters.
The “Marketing Funnel” Business Model Sucks by Elizabeth Potts Weistein
Who doesn’t love EPW? When someone says the phrase “brilliant blogger,” this is one of the people who tops my list. In this post/video, she talks about something that I feel very strongly about – the fact that there isn’t just one right way to do things. It’s an older video, but still extremely relevant. Her business model isn’t the traditional funnel – but she still has a way to launch products and make money. The key here is to do what is right for your goals and your audience. After checking out the post, you can follow Elizabeth on Twitter @elizabethpw.
10 Online Strategies for Your Next Product Launch by Beverly Cornell
This post for Mashable is super comprehensive, giving you tons of great ideas you can use when launching your next product. It’s a great post for beginners, but if you’re an experienced launcher, you might get a few new ideas too. Beverly works as the marketing and social media director at Mango Languages, so check out more from her there!
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- 4 Important Things to Do After Your Product Launch by Kristi Hines (@kikolani)
- 5 Lessons Learned from a Successful Product Launch by Steven Aitchison (@stevenaitchison)
- 5 Tips to Make Your Product Launch a Success (or go viral) by Nate Gilmore (@nategilmore)
- 7 Strategies for Escaping “Me Too” Product Launches by Jordan Cooper (@notaproblog)
- 10 Lessons from My First Million-Dollar Launch by Sean Platt (@seanplatt)
- The Anatomy of My First Product Launch by Sean Ogle (@seanogle)
- How Launching a Product Can Explode Your Site’s Traffic by Corbett Barr (@corbettbarr)
- How To Get People To Promote Your Stuff by Jeremy Schoemaker (@shoemoney)
- HOW TO: Launch Any Product Using Social Media by Guy Kawasaki (@guykawasaki)
- Launch Your Product Without Losing Your Mind by Krizia (@KriziaMissK)
- Launching Your Product: Seven Marketing ‘Musts’ by Gwyneth Dwyer
- Pre-Launch buzz Building 8 Ways by Rory Ramsden (@Rhuarhii)
- Product Launch Fatigue? Or Networking Fatigue? by Jade Craven (@jadecraven)
- The Secret Sauce to a Successful Information Product Launch by Stephan Spencer (@sspencer)
- The Ugly Truth about Product Launches by Chris Garrett (@ChrisGarrett)
- Using a Blog as a Pre-Launch Marketing Tool by Mitchell Harper (@MitchIsHere)
- What I’m doing about launch fatigue by Johnny B. Truant (@johnnybtruant)
- What They Don’t Tell You About Successful Product Launches by Darren Rowse (@problogger)
- What’s Keeping You From Launching Your Gifts? by Jonathan Wondrusch (@bybloggers)
- When Is The Right Time To Launch Your Product? by Yaro Starak (@yarostarak)
Did I miss your post or a post by someone you know about product launching? Unintentional! Help me out by leaving a comment below with the link!
Next Week’s Topic: Foursquare
I’d love to include a link to your post next week – and if you head to the Brilliant Blogger Schedule, you can see even more upcoming posts. We all have something to learn from one another, so please don’t be shy! Head to the schedule today to learn how to submit your post so I won’t miss it.