Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. I usually post on Thursdays, but given all the exciting announcements yesterday with BlogWorld East in NYC and opening speaker proposal submissions I decided to post a day later this week so Brilliant Bloggers wouldn’t get lost in the shuffle! Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts here.
Want to be a BlogWorld Brilliant Blogger? Scroll to the end to find out how to submit your post for an upcoming edition!
This Week’s Topic: Blogrolls and Link Love
Are blogrolls a thing of the past? Maybe, but I think they can work for some people, and in any case, showing your favorite bloggers some link love is important. How you go about doing that depends on the style of your blog and your niche. I thought this was an appropriate topic, since Valentine’s Day was just a few days ago and that holiday is all about showing some love to people you care about! Let’s take a look at what some brilliant bloggers have to say about this topic.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
Blogroll or Links Page? by timetheif
This post is a great comprehensive look at the “to blogroll or not to blogroll” question. Another thing I love about it – there are tons of links throughout the entire piece where you can go to learn a lot more. Talk about link love! Remember to follow the author on Twitter after reading @timethief.
Using Linkbait to Gain Dozens of Targeted Links to Your Site by Ryan Schmitz
This guest post on Daily Blog Tips from Ryan Schmitz of Planting Dollars is great because it gives you an example of how you can compile an awesome link love post and turn that into free links back to your blog – even if you have no mailing list. Check out the post and follow Ryan on Twitter @plantingdollars.
Y’all probably already know that out very own Deb Ng is a brilliant blogger, but just in case you needed a reminder, check out this post on linking from her social media blog, Kommein. We often think of linking in terms of “how can I get others to link to me?” but in this post, Deb shares some of the benefits to being the one doing the linking. Don’t forget to follow Deb on Twitter @debng.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- Another Good Reason to NOT Have a Blogroll by Chris Garrett (@chrisgarrett)
- Are Blogrolls Defunct? by Susan Gunelius (@susangunelius)
- Are You Using the Five Types of Links Properly? by Ben Yoskovitz (@byosko)
- Benefits and Tips for Outbound Links by Whiztechy (@shoutmeloud)
- Dear Link Exchange People by John Hewitt (@poewar)
- Do Blogrolls Drive Traffic? by Jessica Benton (@jess_benton)
- Does anyone use blogrolls any more? by Phil Szomszor (@theredrocket)
- Link Building is Relationship Building by Jennifer Laycock (@SEGuide)
- How to Attract Links and Increase Web Traffic – The Ultimate Guide by Brian Clark (@copyblogger)
- Stop Asking for Link Exchanges and Start Blogging by Evelyn Parham (@evelyn_parham)
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Lots of Link Love by Wendy Piersall (@emom)
- What Exactly Is It About Blog Rolls? by Kathy Porter (@MrsBizWhiz)
- Why you should avoid sidebar blogrolls by Rose DesRochers (@BloggerTalk)
- Yay Or Nay: Blog Rolls by Jessica Lawlor (@jesslaw)
Next Week’s Topic: Klout
Want your post included? Simple email me at email@example.com with “Brilliant Blogger Link” in the subject line. Remember, only posts about this topic will be accepted. If you have another brilliant post, save it for a topic that better fits the post! Submissions will be accepted until February 23, 2011 at noon. Deadline pass already? Head the most recent Brilliant Bloggers post to see this week’s topic.