Brilliant Bloggers is a weekly series here at BlogWorld where we look at the best posts from around the web all surrounding a specific topic. Every week, we’ll feature three of the most brilliant bloggers out there, along with a huge link of more resources where you can learn about the topic. You can see more Brilliant Blogger posts here.
Want to be a BlogWorld Brilliant Blogger? Scroll to the end to find out how to submit your post for an upcoming edition!
This Week’s Topic: WordPress Vs. Other Blogging Platforms
Although I’ve used other platforms in the past, I’m firmly a WordPress girl. Most of the bloggers out there who are making an income from blogging use WordPress, and in my opinion, it’s really the best way to go if you’re a serious blogger. Others disagree with me, for various reasons. Today, we’ll look at some brilliant comparisons of WordPress and other blogging platforms so that you can make a decision about which tool to use.
Advice from Brilliant Bloggers:
This is an awesome post if you’re interested in blogging but aren’t yet sure if you want to do it as a business instead of just a hobby. In this post, Andrew compares the free versions of Blogger and WordPress, and although your URL won’t be as pretty, it gives you the chance to start out blogging without paying for your own domain name and hosting. You can follow Andrew on Twitter @andrewpaul123.
WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal by Tim Stiffler-Dean
Tim’s post is an oldie but goodie. He leaves Blogger (as well as Typepad, Squarespace, and some other CMSs) out of the conversation, and focuses on three popular choices for bloggers. Some of the information is outdated at this point, but I think he does an awesome job at giving the pros and cons of each platform. Follow Tim on Twitter @anotherguy. (Hat tip to @JoshuaTitsworth for sending me this link!)
How did WordPress win? by Byrne Reese
While this post specifically compares WordPress to Movable Type, I think it makes a lot of great points that are relevant when comparing WordPress to any other CMS out there. There are a lot of great comments on this post as well, so check it out, and then follow Byrne on Twitter @byrnereese.
Even More Brilliant Advice:
- Blogger vs. WordPress.com Comparison Chart – 2011 by Pulsed
- Blogging Faceoff: WordPress vs. Typepad by Barb Dybwad (@doctorparadox)
- Choosing the Best Blogging Platform: Wading Pool or Deep End? by JC Ryan (@ScopeForMoney)
- CMS Web Design Solutions – Joomla Or WordPress? by Dewaldt Huysamen
- Five Best Blogging Platforms by Jason Fitzpatrick (@jasonfitzpatric)
- Network Marketing Blogs – WordPress Vs Blogger by Larry Rivera
- Tutorial Time: WordPress Vs. Blogger by Mama Kat (@mamakatslosinit)
- What Blogging Platform To Choose? by Monica Ionescu
- Which Blogging Platform Should I Use? by Libby Fisher (@TheLibzter)
- Which Blogging Platform Should You Use? by WPBeginner (@wpbeginner)
- WordPress vs. Blogger by Linette (@Linetteg)
Next Week’s Topic: Blogrolls and Link Love
Want your post included? Simple head to Blog Carnival and upload your link. Remember, only posts about this topic will be accepted. If you have another brilliant post, save it for a topic that better fits the post! Submissions will be accepted until February 16, 2011 at noon. Deadline pass already? Head to Blog Carnival and look under “about this edition” to find the current topic!